motorcycle carry

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

megthered

motorcycle carry

Post by megthered »

I ride a Harley Sportster and ride with a small backpack becasue I don't have saddlebags. Is there a backpack that I would also carry my gun? I don't really like carrying in a purse, but on bike it seems easiest. I don't want a full size backpack, just a small one that would fit my Beretta Nano or Glock 19.
jabeatty

Re: motorcycle carry

Post by jabeatty »

megthered wrote:I ride a Harley Sportster and ride with a small backpack becasue I don't have saddlebags. Is there a backpack that I would also carry my gun? I don't really like carrying in a purse, but on bike it seems easiest. I don't want a full size backpack, just a small one that would fit my Beretta Nano or Glock 19.
Would you consider open carry? It's often one of the more practical options for cyclists.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Double3

Post by Double3 »

I carry like I would any other time when I ride my Fatboy.

IWB
megthered

Post by megthered »

I think I will use the Flashbang for the bike. It really is comfortable and I don't like carrying in a purse. I prefer having it on me. It's a control thing....
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

megthered wrote:I think I will use the Flashbang for the bike. It really is comfortable and I don't like carrying in a purse. I prefer having it on me. It's a control thing....
Pics or it ain't so. 8)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
58duck

Post by 58duck »

on my ultra - shoulder holster when wearing a jacket, open carry when not. been thinking about using an ankle holster - may give it a try this summer :wink:
NRA Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
evilspringer

Post by evilspringer »

No change in carry for me when riding.
I ride a Springer softail and carry 4:00 IWB
noname

Post by noname »

I carry as usual as far as concealed carry. Some of you know I do OC and support it very much. However, I dont typically OC on my bike, because I am just sure I would be getting stopped every so many miles and hassled. Even though I know my rights, I know the laws, on the bike I just dont really OC. This summer, I will attempt it.

I dont have saddle bags either and am trying to think of a way to disarm safely if I ever really needed to while using the bike for transportation, which in the summer, is always.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

noname wrote:However, I dont typically OC on my bike, because I am just sure I would be getting stopped every so many miles and hassled.
This reminds me of the early days of concealed carry under the new law in 2004. We were required by law to keep our firearms "in plain sight" while in/on a motor vehicle. That meant every armed biker had to carry their firearms openly.

I wonder if that's where so many bikers learned to appreciate open carry...? 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
mdad

Post by mdad »

Question about Bike carry, During the summer I plan on doing a few poker runs, however most Poker runs involve going into a Bar to get your card. How does the law affect going into a bar wh :? ile carrying, I will NOT be drinking as I dont drink.
The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Life Member NRA
Life Member North American Hunter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mdad wrote:Question about Bike carry, During the summer I plan on doing a few poker runs, however most Poker runs involve going into a Bar to get your card. How does the law affect going into a bar wh :? ile carrying, I will NOT be drinking as I dont drink.
Legal for a CC licensee to carry in a Class D establishment as long as he/she isn't drinking. Been that way a couple years now...didn't you know? Of course the individual bar can still choose to post their own "No guns" signage if they so desire.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
megthered

Post by megthered »

It's a problem if you encounter a CPZ on a bike without saddlebags. What to do with the gun? My husband has saddlebags so I guess we'll rig up a lockbox, but if I'm riding alone I will just have to avoid those places, I guess. Or get saddlebags. Uggh, my bike is beautiful without them.
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Leaving on my Road King for Daytona Beach tomorrow, going to Bike Week. Usually carry IWB 4 o'clock, in Ohio because if my shirt comes up outside carry is legal. Going to Daytona I will carry in my vest, just seems like a better solution outside Ohio.
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

I mostly carry on the bike the same as I do every other day - IWB.

One of my fave alternatives is a Remora holster secured by a Belly Band. I can move the band higher or lower on my torso depending on my gear and other factors. I can also use the belly band to secure my licenses as well as some cash for the day.

I tend to ride fairly familiar routes and so just avoid CPZ's. One of my regular riding group has hardshell locking saddlebags that I used one time to secure a firearm because I was going to have a beer.

I guess it's all about what compromises you're willing to make. Personally, I never carry in a backpack/purse of any type. It's either on my hip or in the safe 99% of the time.

Happy Riding!
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.