Ashland Lake's 2013 Women on Target - June 29th

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Ashland Lake's 2013 Women on Target - June 29th

Post by dl1911 »

For those who I haven't talked to about this, it's a great event that always has great feedback. Only men there are some instructors, cooks and a photographer (DVD-ROM with the pictures mailed to everyone). Mainly instructional but open to all. I usually recommend trap, service rifle, IDPA (either session), and either bowling pins or steel plates. They're doing tactical shotgun again this year and it looked like fun (IDPA with a 12ga). Everything you need is provided but welcome to bring anything of yours as well.

As always, if interested mail this in quickly! Spots will fill up in 3-4 weeks at most. Best to do it immediately.

And here's a link to the registration form.

http://freepdfhosting.com/a97678bf06.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ashland Lake's 2013 Women on Target - June 29th

Post by dl1911 »

Just got word today that all the spots for the Women on Target event at Ashland lake this year is now SOLD OUT! Only slightly surprised at how fast it happened this year. Usually takes another week or two.

Well, hope some of you will be taking advantage of this great event.
Dale
kathys

Post by kathys »

I sent in my registration but haven't heard yet if I made the cutoff. Looking forward to it if I did.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

kathys wrote:I sent in my registration but haven't heard yet if I made the cutoff. Looking forward to it if I did.
I got word on Monday that they had sold out. If you didn't make the cutoff or are on the wait list, you'll probably hear from them this week or next. When did you mail it?
Dale
kathys

Post by kathys »

dl1911 wrote:
kathys wrote:I sent in my registration but haven't heard yet if I made the cutoff. Looking forward to it if I did.
I got word on Monday that they had sold out. If you didn't make the cutoff or are on the wait list, you'll probably hear from them this week or next. When did you mail it?
I sent it the previous weekend. When I emailed them they had 10 spots left so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! She did say they were trying to get beginners of which I am one so I hope that helped me.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Fingers crossed!
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Looking at the calendar and assuming 3 days in the mail. If you mailed your registration on or before March 5th, you probably made the cut. Anything after that would be iffy and possibly be on the wait list. Hoping to see some of you there! No, not qualified to attend but I'm the photographer that they get to come out every year to take pictures and mail out DVD-ROMs to all the attendees.
Dale
kathys

Post by kathys »

YAY! I made the cutoff. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never even held a rifle or shotgun so this will be great.
kathys

Post by kathys »

Oh and by the way, thanks for the original post or I never would have known about it.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

kathys wrote:Oh and by the way, thanks for the original post or I never would have known about it.
You're welcome! Glad you made the cut. Feel free to say hi when out there. I'll be the photographer that they get to come out every year. What activities did you get? For Rifle there's only the 100yard service rifle but which shotgun activities? Tactical shotgun, trap or both? Did you sign up for IDPA?
Dale
kathys

Post by kathys »

dl1911 wrote:
kathys wrote:Oh and by the way, thanks for the original post or I never would have known about it.
You're welcome! Glad you made the cut. Feel free to say hi when out there. I'll be the photographer that they get to come out every year. What activities did you get? For Rifle there's only the 100yard service rifle but which shotgun activities? Tactical shotgun, trap or both? Did you sign up for IDPA?
I don't know yet. I didn't get any info yet, I just emailed Jennifer to see if I made it. I put the shotgun and rifle sections at the top of my ranking list but anything will be fine. I've never shot long guns before but I've only been shooting pistols for less than a year so any of them will be great. See you in June!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Excellent! I'm pleased you got in (so I can uncross my fingers now... :| ).
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
kathys

Post by kathys »

TunnelRat wrote:Excellent! I'm pleased you got in (so I can uncross my fingers now... :| ).
Thanks! It worked :D
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Another successful Women on Target at Ashland Lake! Big turnout (as always) and everyone seemed to have a great time. Lot of fun by all although my feet are killing me from hiking all over the club today taking pictures!

Ladies, if you went, why not share some a little about your experience (especially if you had a great time)?

(Yes, that means you KathyS! Was good to meet the face behind the screen name)
Dale
kathys

Post by kathys »

It was nice meeting you too Dale. I had a GREAT time! I got to shoot skeet and trap, try a little tactical shotgun course and shoot some long range rifles(sorry I don't remember what kind of rifle). It was so much fun. Also got to just shoot a bunch of 22's at steel plates. I didn't do the IDPA but will if I get to go next year. Everything was so great. Even though I have handguns I've never shot a long gun or shot outside of a range before. Everyone there was so friendly and helpful. Thanks to Dale and lots of people like him who volunteer their time and guns to help newbies like me. I just don't have anything negative to say about the entire event except for maybe I wish it was longer and I could have done everything!