concealed carry purses

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

manders175

concealed carry purses

Post by manders175 »

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this idea. I just recently got my ccw license and now have my own gun. I'm looking in to getting a concealed carry purse. I wanted to ask a legal question. I was told that if you have your license you are allowed to carry a loaded gun that is holstered on your person in a vehicle, but i you place it in the center console for example it is not allowed to be loaded. That the loaded magazine needs to be in another location in your car, say the glovebox.

I was curious if you carry it in your purse, is it still considered on your person? Can you still carry it loaded in your purse if it is on the seat beside you and not on yor shoulder? Or does the magazine need to be out of the gun?

Thanks for any and all help on this matter.
jabeatty

Re: concealed carry purses

Post by jabeatty »

manders175 wrote:I was told that if you have your license you are allowed to carry a loaded gun that is holstered on your person in a vehicle, but i you place it in the center console for example it is not allowed to be loaded. That the loaded magazine needs to be in another location in your car, say the glovebox.
That is incorrect; the law now allows licensees to carry loaded handguns virtually anywhere in their vehicles.

Would you mind mentioning where you were trained and by whom? (Sounds like they might need a pointer toward the current law.)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
SC-JG

Post by SC-JG »

I have some purses with holsters built-in to special compartments. I rarely, like almost never, carry in my purse. I feel MUCH more secure with the gun on ME. The last thing I want to have happen is get in a tug-o-war with a bad guy over my purse, knowing my gun in in there.

I typically use a kydex, leather holster similar to the one in this video.
http://youtu.be/x3oPw1WCYpU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...peace out
diamond12

Post by diamond12 »

Yes- that is definitely your person.