Belt Purses?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TKshooter

Belt Purses?

Post by TKshooter »

Does anyone use a belt purse?

I have recently been seeing them and I think they are cute. (Also if you watch Burn Notice, Fiona wears them). I have been looking online and it's hard to find them (other than name brand $100 leather ones that aren't even that cute). I did see from a blog called "rebeccaguns" that she makes some belt purses with holsters in them. Not sure if she sells them.

I did also realize (just recently) that they are pretty much a fanny pack turned sideways but more modern and fashionable. I was quite surprised that I liked the style since I am very much against wearing a fanny pack.

I showed my husband a picture and he said he won't be seen in public with me. :oops: LOL

But I am looking for something small, efficient, and hands free. My purse is always on the crook of my elbow or on my shoulder and I do not have fast access to my wallet, phone, flashlight, or tool (knife). And it occupies my arm so I do not have direct access to my firearm on my hip. I have considered the purses with the strap that goes cross-body so the purse sits by your hip or back, but I do not like having that strap in the middle of my chest.

I am seeing some that clip on the belt or are a belt with the purse attached, but I like the ones where the strap is worn around the waist but more slung across (almost hanging off low) than like a belt.

So ladies (or guys with ladies that this would pertain to)- let me know if you have any resources or insights. :wink:
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
TKshooter

Re: Belt Purses?

Post by TKshooter »

Oh and I am thinking of http://www.cheaperthandirt.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and looking at ammo pouches since they are small and have pockets and maybe attaching a strap so I could wear it across the hips.

I don't know if that will look too homade :?
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I use a cross body purse. When I was pregnant, it was not very comfortable. Otherwise, I have gotten used to it.

Do you have a link to the belt purse you mean? I have a picture in my mind of something from Dillon Precision, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean. This is the safepacker.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
TKshooter

Post by TKshooter »

Below are two links that have pictures similar to the style I want. The first one shows the tv character wearing the belt purse from the show (where I first saw it)

The second link is one for sale for $70.00 and its still a bit more expensive than what I want to pay.

http://apolicewife.blogspot.com/2010/08 ... purse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/fiona0 ... -happy-cow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My husband still says fanny pack, but I think it would be a great addition so I can be hands free. I don't think I really want the purse to have a holster in it (I was going back and forth on that).

I am still seeing if I can find some kind of army style pouch that would work and could be made into something similar to the style.

Thanks for the link mustang, thats one option if i go the holster way. If i go the purse way I am thinking it would hang on my weak side maybe? so it would not obstruct my access to the gun.
-TK

SC-JG

Post by SC-JG »

I have some purses/pouches that have clips to attach them to belt loops on my jeans. However, I only use them once in a while and only in the summer when I'm riding . These type of purses are a common motorcycle type accessory- available in a variety of style and colors.

99.9% of the time, I keep my I keep my small Kershaw knife in my front pocket (clip showing), and my carry weapon in a IWB holster on my right hip at the 5 O'clock position. IF I carry a purse (often I do not), it goes on my left shoulder (out of the way of my weapon, and I would drop the purse in a heartbeat if circumstance necessitate it). When I don't carry a purse, my ID, a credit card and some cash go in a small, zippered pouch that fits into my back pocket and has a small, leather "leash" that lips to my belt loop. For me, the "leash" is important. I have found that anything in my back pocket tries to work it's way up and out, especially when riding.
...peace out