Women on Target

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Johnny45

Women on Target

Post by Johnny45 »

This past Saturday we had our annual WOT clinic at Tusco Rifle Club. It was a resounding success!!
Kimberly Hobart is not only a world class pistol champion but a world class organizer.
Around 89 ladies of all ages attended, all were new to the shooting sports, and each had a chance to fire rifles, pistols, shotguns, subguns and to test their skills on the archery range.
Kim Page, president and founder of Packing in Pink drove all the way from Toronto Canada to attend and show her support. She is a GIANT of enthusiasm in a small package. Our club president was so impressed he awarded her an honorary membership to the club.
All the ladies had a great time and the volunteers at Tusco changed apprehensions and misconceptions one smile at a time. :D
I can't wait until next year, I swear I have as much fun as the ladies. It's really something to see all those smiles in one place.
We have a Lady Appleseed coming up next weekend and that is a great experience too. It's a must for those wanting to become a Riflewoman.
Here's the links for PackinginPink and Tusco Rifle Club. Give us a few days and some pics of the event should be posted.
http://www.packinginpink
http://www.tuscorifle.org/
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Women on Target

Post by dl1911 »

These are great events. For the past few years Ashland Lake Gun Club has had me down taking pictures of the event (I mail out copies of them to everyone that attends). Everyone always talks about the great time. Usually IDPA, bowling pins, 100 yard service rifle, trap, etc. The biggest problem is how fast it fills up!
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

Yeah dl, Kim capped it off at 90 so there were a few disappointed ladies but there's always next year.
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Johnny45 wrote:Yeah dl, Kim capped it off at 90 so there were a few disappointed ladies but there's always next year.
That's about the same number as Ashland Lake. Any more and there just wouldn't be enough instructors, room, etc. Every year I tell women friends about it as soon as the registration forms become available. I always tell them to fill it out and send it in right away as all the spots will be filled in 2-3 weeks, maybe 4. Every year I have someone come to me months later asking for a form because they want to go to it. I tell them the same thing, always next year.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers