Looks like my wife likes my PX4

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wobblygoblin

Looks like my wife likes my PX4

Post by wobblygoblin »

This year I finally got my wife into shooting (from a gun control supporter to a "take it from my cold dead hands" lady) and she wants to get her license. :D I bought her a Beretta Neo but know that she needs a larger caliber and smaller gun for carry. She is a good shot and has tried my XD SC 9 and liked it and was good with it.

So maybe like most of you I have gone through different guns for my edc. I started first with a S&W 3913 but it was too heavy, then a Taurus TCP .380, then I got a PX4 Storm SC 9mm. The Storm was finally going to be my carry but I have consistently had trouble shooting low and left. It wasn't just me, my buddy, who is a good marksman, said he thought it was the gun. At the range Sunday I asked the gentleman next to me to try the Storm and see what he thought. He too had trouble with it shooting low.

Well my wife asks if she could try it. Sure, why not. Boom, she's better with that Storm than I am unless I am absolutely taking all the time in the world, which was the problem with carrying the Storm as a reliable edc. Just when I was thinking of selling it, turns out not only is it comfortable for her to handle but turns out she's good with it. She will practice more with it but it looks like that is now going to be her carry, once we get her license. :mrgreen:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
CS Holsters

Re: Looks like my wife likes my PX4

Post by CS Holsters »

Good to hear see found a gun she likes :) Now what's your next carry gun going to be???
Evolution will eventually end the gun ownership debate, by removing those who refuse to defend themselves from the gene pool.

Http://www.csholsters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carry Always, Carry Safe
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

CS Holsters wrote:Good to hear see found a gun she likes :) Now what's your next carry gun going to be???
Thanks. I picked up an XD subcompact because I was not good with the Storm, but I am getting a Springfield 1911 soon, :mrgreen:

I also carry a Smith .357 mag model 66 sometimes. I made an imb kydex holster for it and it is pretty comfortable.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Yay for the wife!!

I 'stole' 2 guns from my hubs for EDC, when I was better with them than he was. After firing his Remington 1911, I went out and bought myself a Kimber Pro-Carry II. He says I love it more than I love him. He's just jealous that I'm a better shot with my Kimber, than he is with the Remington.

We do our own competitons at the range. Sometimes, I let him win :wink:
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.