Any ladies using the Crossbreed mini tuck?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Runner_Girl78

Any ladies using the Crossbreed mini tuck?

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

Hi ladies,

I'm researching holsters to try and figure out what my primary holster for every day carry will be. I've narrowed down a few selections and the one I'm leaning toward the most is the Crossbreed mini tuck. Anyone using this particular holster that can give me some feedback, bad or good? Thanks! :D
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
SC-JG

Re: Any ladies using the Crossbreed mini tuck?

Post by SC-JG »

I have a very similar hybrid holster (comfort-tuk -also made w/a kydex form on a leather backing w/ tuckable, adjustable clips: photo). For the life of me, I cannot get this thing adjusted so that the gun is at the correct level and cant/angle. As a result, the grip sticks out away from my body, is uncomfortable and prints badly. Background- I'm 5'1" and about 110 lbs. I think it would work better on somebody taller and longer wasted. I have a OWB holster like this photo, and I just love it. It tucks my gun up against me, is easy to draw and re-holster, and with the right clothing, doesn't print at all. Since I rarely tuck in my shirts, I don't need a tuckable holster. I just ordered the IWB version of the OWB one that I have. We'll see how that works.
...peace out
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

I have no idea what any of the holsters I use are called. I tried all my husband's with various pants and shorts until I figured out which combos I liked and then I just used those. The thing is, some holster work with some pants, and don't work with other. It's a combination of the pants, the gun, the holster AND the shirt, so even if you get really good reviews, it might not work for you with your particular clothing choices. It's worse for women since we have so many different variables, what with the rise of the pants, baggy, slim-fit, skinny jeans, short/medium/long length of shirts, various tightness of shirt, color of pants and shirt, where your particular curves sit in relation to your pants, etc,etc. It almost makes it impossible for you to know what you're getting in a holster without trying it first. :?
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Yep - as women, it can be more difficult to declare a single holster "THE" every day holster. You just have to experiment and find what works for you.

I do have a Crossbreed Mini Tuck and I love it.....with particular pairs of mid-rise jeans and the strong belt I wear with those jeans. I rarely tuck my shirts, but it is comfortable and fits my usual weekend wardrobe.

For work/business wardrobe, I have 2 setups that I like:

1> Remora IWB (no clips at all) with slacks or belted skirts, and a fairly strong but dressy belt. The Remora's no-slip material helps it stay put, and I can adjust it up/down/angle as needed.

2> A Belly Band to hold the Remora if I am going without a belt - skirts, thinner pants, lower rise jeans. I also use this setup when I want to carry higher up on my ribcage (think gun butt in the armpit or between the girls) in a really dressed up situation.

I also have a shoulder rig that I have yet to try in public. Maybe when (if!) the weather cools here and I can go back to my jackets for cover, I will give that one a try.

At this point, I may have as much invested in holsters as I do in my firearms :D
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

Thanks ladies! I was actually considering buying a couple of the ones I had narrowed down to try and see how it goes. Your suggestions confirmed my thoughts. I'm guessing I should check the return policies on the websites I found and check my local shops to see what they have in case I get something and end up absolutely hating it.

Trying to make a decision has been overwhelming. I know the pictures online don't do the holsters justice, but they all look so big and that hasn't been helping me make a choice.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

What you carry makes a world of difference too!

Check out the videos on The Well Armed Woman website. Carrie does a great job explaining the pros & cons of different holsters.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.