How many guns do you have? Favorites?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Josie115

How many guns do you have? Favorites?

Post by Josie115 »

I have to admit that once I got started shooting, it opened a whole new world of shopping options. Guns, holsters, range bags, accessories and books. My favorite of all time is my Kimber Custom Target. It was my first gun and will remain my first love as far as guns are concerned. I shoot my best with it. It's a bit big and heavy for carrying though. I did find a Bersa .380 and while it's a bit "underpowered" in my mind for real self defense, it seems to find it's way into my pocket more regularly. I'm considering a Glock..any suggestions??
Joey
ama168

Post by ama168 »

You might want to look at Kahr. They make some very small 9mm .40S&W that would work very well. www.kahr.com
Glock is Good too I have a G27 :mrgreen:
glockess

Post by glockess »

My favorite is my G17. I use it for indoor and outdoor Glock events. I also have two .22s, a S&W 41 and a Buckmark. I have a Springfield 1911. I also have a Kel-Tec P3AT (my favorite carry gun) and a Kel-Tec P-11, which I carry. I have a "baby Glock" I carry, G26 and a S&W 642. That's not counting my Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, my Remington 1100 12 gauge, my Savage 64 .22 or my H&R 20 gauge. I also have a muzzleloader. I've had two G19 (used and new), a G27, G34, G36 and a G23. I also have owned a Taurus 605 and a Wilson 1911. I've cut down a lot, don't you think? :lol: :lol:
Carpe Diem
Linda

Post by Linda »

I carry a Colt 45 Defender. Nice light weight, cast aluminium(I think), short barrel gun. Fits very nicely into my front right pocket. I slide it into an Uncle Mike's in-the-pant holster (have to comply w/ the law) and off I go. I carry probably at least 95% of the time. If I leave home without it, I feel naked, like when I forget my cell phone! :cry:
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I enjoy shooting my husband's Detonics Combat Master .45 cal. But it's his, and too big for me to conceal. I used it for my CC class.

I like my Colt Mustang .380 pocketlite for carry. Much more concealable, and doesn't weigh much.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

My youngest daughter is getting married next Friday. She has asked me to give her my .357 magnum, single-action, Ruger Blackhawk as a wedding present.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.

Post by Guest »

Lady Duck has:
Browning HP, Star BM, a Bersa 380, a bushmaster superlight (carbine), but her fav is her Sig 226
Rick

Post by Rick »

her fav is her Sig 226...sounds like a "real" smart gal!!
Rick J.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

She is a real keeper, we met about 4 yrs ago, & she had never fired a gun.
Today she is a life member of the NRA, an NRA Instructor/RSO, & has gotten her Sharpshooter rating & plans to keep up the pace!
I'm the only guy I know who gets in trouble for not going to gunshows.
Ms357

Post by Ms357 »

My husband has a .380 Hipoint. It's fun to shoot, because it has 'no' recoil, but far to big for even him to carry. He carries a Bersa Thunder .380. Also fun to shoot. My carry gun is a Taurus .357 magnum 5 shot revolver. I never fired a revolver before I decided I needed a carry gun, but I love it. It's nice to shoot, and at .357 I feel safe with it.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Shopping options.... That's one way to put it. I started out with my G19. I added another hand gun and a rifle. I want to send the mini-14 out for some work, along with the 1911. I'd like to add a revolver to the family. Maybe a nice custom 1911 one day too. I'd love to add some curio and relic rifles to the collection. A mosin nagant, k98, k31, and a garand. Some day...

I'm good on holsters. Well, maybe one of those nice leather ones...

Wait till you start to reload. There's no end to the accessories. I need a tumbler now. I can see me casting my own bullets before the summer is over, so I'm looking forward to that expense. There is lots of info on the net, but I still could use some reloading manuals. I've been saving my .223 and 9mm brass. I don't see any cost saveings reloading the 9mm, but I'm sure I'll be purchasing a set of .223 dies soon.

I'm going to need another job... :(
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

I have a Bersa .380 and a Springfield XD 9 mm service model and my husband has a Ruger .357. My favorite is the Springfield! Can't beat the accuracy! :D
Packin' Mom
phirehawk

Post by phirehawk »

Doesn't Bersa make a 45? Maybe it goes under their other name, but I seem to recall a pistol like the famed 380 in other calibers. The only time a cartride is underpowered is when it misses. I've got a G19 now (9mm) and my next pistol will probably be a 45.
- Todd
standerson

Post by standerson »

My wife has an Subcompact XD 9mm and a Sig 239SAS in .40. In May, she is adding a Kahr, I believe it's a CW9. She buys her own stuff. I'm just the money guy.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

All time favorite is a Winchester Model 12.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction