Women Friendly Places to shoot?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

Mad Duck wrote:I'd rather teach 10 women than 5 men
word!

pardon my intrusion but; while i am no fan of certain members of their staff, there is one place i have noticed that is helpful, friendly and no condesending to the enemy-sex ( :wink: ) and that is BlackWing Shooting Center up in Delaware.

the guy who "runs" the rental counter, Rick, is a super, helpful, professional and friendly kinda guy. His professionalism & customer service skills are the biggest reason I go there.

ladies, try it out.

my 2cents
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

Glockulator wrote:....the guy who "runs" the rental counter, Rick, is a super, helpful, professional and friendly kinda guy.....
+1
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
Redfestiva

Post by Redfestiva »

In Springfield , Ohio there is Lauhorner Range. they are women friendly , have women training classes with some women instructors, women employees etc.. On sat. and sun. after 5 pm it is couples night. The woman shoots free and the man pays half price ( about $5.50 for both)

They have a state of the art indoor facility, check them out.

Steve
Dayton,Oh
Leadfoot Anny

Post by Leadfoot Anny »

Rayners Range and Pickaway sportsman club, have both been really good to me. I really like both. Infact some talk to me more so than my husband.
Honor our Vets, Support Our Beloved Troops.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I really like both. Infact some talk to me more so than my husband.
Hmmm...
:? Go figure.

:wink:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike45Acp

Post by Mike45Acp »

Tuesday night is Ladies night at the Midwest Gun Club in Canal Fulton from 6-8 PM. There are number of couples who have become regular shooters those nights as well as a number of ladies who come in to shoot by themselves. There also seems to be allot of families and kids that shoot on the weekends.

http://www.midwestgunclub.com
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

Sherwin Shooting Sports recently opened a new facility in Avon. Its on Rt. 611 north of I 90. VERY nice facility!!! :D
Packin' Mom
standerson

Post by standerson »

Lauhorners in Springfield has date night. I think it's Saturday and Sunday. The "date" gets to shoot free.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Lauhorners in Springfield has date night. I think it's Saturday and Sunday. The "date" gets to shoot free.
Sweet! I'm available..... :roll:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
born2shoot

Lauhorners in Springfield

Post by born2shoot »

I shoot at Lauhorners fairly often. It is a great place to shoot and is "woman friendly". I got my CCW there and the class was about half women. They have Women on Target classes, as well as Women Home Defense classes. I also enjoy shooting their Live-fire simulator. This gives you an opportunity to shoot your own gun in shoot-don't shoot scenerios. They really make you stop and think. The range is closed on mondays during the summer. On weekends, the second shooter is free on one lane after 5PM. On tuesday and wednesdays members get a discount. I enjoy the range and the people.
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. -John Wayne
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

New Albany is a good range, and while being a guy I wouldn't know for sure It seems lady friendly to me. They have at least 1 female employee that I know of (thou to be fair she is the owners daughter) but I've seen many women shoot there and the classes I've taken there have had a couple women each in them as well.

Personally I just wanna know where all these women shooters were at before I found my current GF lol. My GF wouldn't even hug me for the longest time after I started carrying concealed. To be fair shes not that paranoid of guns, just of glocks with their only external safety being on the trigger.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Smart Lady
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

sabalo wrote:Smart Lady
Grumble, Grumble...
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I highly recommend Black Wing in Delaware. I took a very liberal anti-gun lady attorney there.

One of the Black Wing female staff took the time needed to teach my friend how to safely handle, load, aim and fire a weapon. She had adamantly refused to learn from a male trainer.

Both ladies were pleased with the results of this successful learning experience. Additionally, another liberal was nudged into the path of light and understanding…
fiver

Post by fiver »

Almost everytime I am at NASR there is a female on the range.

Her name has escaped me, but the employee you mentioned is also an NRA certified instructor. She is a great girl and helped during my CCW course.
captainstormy wrote:New Albany is a good range, and while being a guy I wouldn't know for sure It seems lady friendly to me. They have at least 1 female employee that I know of (thou to be fair she is the owners daughter) but I've seen many women shoot there and the classes I've taken there have had a couple women each in them as well.

Personally I just wanna know where all these women shooters were at before I found my current GF lol. My GF wouldn't even hug me for the longest time after I started carrying concealed. To be fair shes not that paranoid of guns, just of glocks with their only external safety being on the trigger.