Let me extend a warm welcome to all of the women CHL holders

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SEHK727

New here

Post by SEHK727 »

I'm glad I found this site! I am taking my CCW class in 2 weeks and am excited, though intimidated that I'll probably be the only female in the class. I will look forward to hearing from the other CHL holding ladies here to help with all the issues that are unique to women who conceal carry.
tjeffries

Re: New here

Post by tjeffries »

SEHK727 wrote:I'm glad I found this site! I am taking my CCW class in 2 weeks and am excited, though intimidated that I'll probably be the only female in the class. I will look forward to hearing from the other CHL holding ladies here to help with all the issues that are unique to women who conceal carry.
I'm glad you found us as well.......Welcome aboard 8)

If your class is anything like most I've heard of, you'll feel welcome from start to finish, we all share a common bond.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

SEHK727 wrote:I'm glad I found this site! I am taking my CCW class in 2 weeks and am excited, though intimidated that I'll probably be the only female in the class. I will look forward to hearing from the other CHL holding ladies here to help with all the issues that are unique to women who conceal carry.
Don't be so sure! I think I've only ever taught one class where there weren't any women. My last class was about half female.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

I think my class was about 7 deep, but we only had one female. However, any time I go to fun night at Cleland's, it's always dominated by this one female. I've spoken with her and indeed, she's an instructor :)
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

SEHK727 wrote:. . . though intimidated that I'll probably be the only female in the class.
Not necessarily - I audited a class for a church group a few months ago and easily one third the class was female. Oh - and the instructor was too. In fact, she owned the gun store/indoor range where it was being taught...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
standerson

Post by standerson »

A CHL instructor where we live offers a women only class for handgun introduction. A very good way to start.
ba1112

Post by ba1112 »

Hi, I just got my CHL last week. It's funny, there were seven people in my class and of those seven, five were women!
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity