Ladies What do you carry and how?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

lolah

Re: Ladies What do you carry and how?

Post by lolah »

I have two that I alternate back and forth between. A Sig P239 (.9mm), and a Ruger LCR (.38 special). I have carried both on my ankle and on my hip, in my jacket pocket in a sleeve, belly band, and in my purse. I don't like purse carry for a variety of reasons. I also have a belly bag, or fanny pack that I use sometimes in the car instead of a holster. I have to leave my gun stored in the car because I work in a federal building.

I have found it difficult to conceal a weapon around the belly/hip area with a holster, but the belly band worked pretty well, especially in the front and in the small of the back. Unless, of course, you plan to wear oversized clothing. :wink:
jenn72

Post by jenn72 »

Ruger LCP, pocket carry with a turtle creek IWB holster.
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I'm really starting to like the OWB holster. I can hide the Detonics well, and it isn't digging since I lost some inches from my waist.

The holster is an Alessi, with a thumb break. Since I carry cocked and locked, that's a good thing. Keeps small hands away, not that they notice much to begin with.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
dupree187

Post by dupree187 »

I have a sig sauer P238, flash bang holster.
"I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"

"Thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, For I am the baddest S.O.B in the whole damn valley!!"
TTMR

Post by TTMR »

Not a lady but...

My lady OCs a Glock 19 at work and CCs a Taurus 380 IWB in a stoner holster.
pnhsavvy

Post by pnhsavvy »

I currently carry a s&w snub nosed .38 with a crossbreed super tuck. Not my favorite gun, I don't like shooting it and I find the butt of the revolver prints pretty much regardless of my clothing choices. I am going to instead get the sig P238. I have shot it at the range and tried it with an iwb holster, and I love it. will be easy to stay proficient, and the .380 ammo isn't any more expensive than .38 special.

I know a few other women that carry compact m & p's quite well, especially in appendix carry, but I prefer to carry strong side behind my hip, and the revolver just adds too much to my hip. Good luck, there are certainly many good choices out there.
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

My wife who used to be against guns now wants one and wants to get her CHL! Shebwantsbto get a .22 to carry and I said nothing under a .380.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Good for her, wobblygoblin! (And for you! Peace of mind is a good thing.)

A Mustang is a great starter carry gun. It's easy to shoot and conceal, not overly loud when it's shot.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
write2char

Post by write2char »

I carry the ruger SR9c, but I wouldn't say I conceal it. :/ I tried a belly band type, and I think I"m just too short stature d for it... Besides i end up going to the LIB. 3x a week, and it's SO hard to take it out, leave it in the car, and then re-holster. I have the blackhawk paddle/over waist holster, and, LOVE it for the range and open carry... and I "conceal" it without notice... but heck, I open carry and barely get a blink...
Downside, I LOVE shooting my Ruger... , but I'm craving something not so heavy... but I want to be able to shoot it with it driving my carpel tunnel up the wall... ( I know, cake and eating it and all that....)
AND I want to be able to easily carry, even in dress pants, and reholster if I need to.
5 foot, with plenty of extra around the middle... :P
If we're going to spend a lot of money to deal with the problem of 200 million guns in the country owned by 65 million gun owners, we ought to have a system which will work and catch criminals.
John Dingell
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

I gotta tell ya, and ladies don't take this as condescending please, but I love reading about all of your carrying and exercising your 2nd Amendment-God given right and the right to protect yourself and not be sheep like so many of our fellow men and women. As I posted my wife now looooves to shoot and it I just found out my neighbor is going to get her CHL and my other neighbor's daughter, who does search and rescue in her spare time, is getting her CHL after some creeper was "stalking" around her and her fellow women team members while on an overnight exercise.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
azaria567

Post by azaria567 »

So I finally got my permit and carry rig. I tried to carry my Springfield XDm 9mm compact but its to bulky for summer carry, so Now I am carrying a Kahr CM9 in a Remora holster and I LOVE IT! It is a very comfy set up and very concealable! I will post some pics soon...
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

I carry a Kimber 1911 Pro-Carry II (.45). I am 5'4'' and a curvy 175lbs.

I carry in one of 2 ways:

1) Holstered IWB at a little past 12 o'clock, with a long & loose fitting shirt. There is very little printing that way.

2) Under my left armpit via belly band with a tighter fitting shirt, but one that I can access from the top if needed. The only print is a small bulge beside "the girls", if one was examining me very closely at that location, lol.

I also usually wear a cami under-shirt to protect my delicate skin from any abrasions, regardless of how I am carrying :lol:

I thought I would carry on ankle while driving long distances, but my grip prints too much through my pant leg. I find that 6 o'clock carry in a larger size belly band (that I can wear at hip level) is actually quite comfortable while driving.

Happy carrying!
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
danegrl

Post by danegrl »

Hello,

I'm a new CCW holder and for now, I have a 38 S & W bodyguard and Im using an IWB (in the waistband) holster. Sometimes, depending on what Im wearing, I carry in a conceal purse. I would prefer to carry on-body all the time, but sometimes I can't
"hide" it.

I've ordered a flashbang holster, but it is back ordered at the moment. To me, it looks like my best option.
I should have described myself. I'm only 5'2 and very curvy and somewhat large busted for my height, so the
flashbang should work well as long as it is comfortable enough. Check out the flashbang site, they have
several different kinds and they are molded to fit your specific gun. Also, if you are on facebook, there are
groups on there as well for Ohio CCW and the people have been very helpful !
kathys

Post by kathys »

I have a Sig p238. I just got my license yesterday and I carried today in a Pistolwear PT-2 pack. Very comfortable. I also have ordered a "Betty" IWB holster but they're backed up 2-5 weeks. It looks pretty nice though.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

I carry a Springfield XD-S 45ACP, currently in a Remora holster. The holster is actually quite comfy and nice and small for summer. It also helps that it doesn't have any clips or anything. I tend to not wear a belt with my summer wardrobe and the way my pants/shorts/skirts fit is just right for the Remora to be placed comfortably and concealed well at about the 2:30 position.

I have a Crossbreed mini tuck on order and am just waiting for it to be shipped. I think if I end up liking that holster, it will most likely be my cold weather holster.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter