New Photography Book 'Chicks With Guns'

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OhioMoose

New Photography Book 'Chicks With Guns'

Post by OhioMoose »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/2 ... 22749.html

"'Chicks with Guns' is filled with images that are strikingly beautiful, yet often have a haunting or unsettling quality," writes former federal prosecutor Stephen L. Meager, in an essay that introduces the book. "In our time, few subjects provoke the range of emotions that guns do. Thoughts as varied as policies to prevent violent crime, the romance of the Old West, and even the implications of children playing with toy guns come to mind. No matter what images are evoked, the reality is that in this country, fifteen to twenty million women own guns. The sight of women with ostensibly deadly weapons (they are actually unloaded) challenges our preconceptions about the female or maternal role."
"A gun is a tool, Marian, no better, no worse than any other tool, an ax, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it, remember that." - Alan Ladd in "Shane", screenplay by A. B. Guthrie, Jr.
write2char

Re: New Photography Book 'Chicks With Guns'

Post by write2char »

I looked through what's posted online, and I think this is fabulous! The photography is spectacular, and the stories to go with them range from thought provoking to... well... frightening!
Thanks for sharing!
If we're going to spend a lot of money to deal with the problem of 200 million guns in the country owned by 65 million gun owners, we ought to have a system which will work and catch criminals.
John Dingell
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Nice pics,none of these look particularly haunting or unsettling to me but I can see where they would be really unsettling to anti's.Probably really giveem nightmares. 8) I really like the Morticia Addams lookalike. :D
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

Very good and obviously art. The spooky part was reading some of the comments....
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

jose45 wrote:Nice pics,none of these look particularly haunting or unsettling to me but I can see where they would be really unsettling to anti's.Probably really giveem nightmares. 8) I really like the Morticia Addams lookalike. :D
I agree.

I assume the collection of "less than common" firearms was part of the "art".

Ah heck, I was expecting a collection of Dillon covers :lol:

Ken