OC and Holster Issues

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pnhsavvy

Re: OC and Holster Issues

Post by pnhsavvy »

I have many holsters, and have struggled with this issue so much I am changing my carry gun from a j-frame revolver to a small sig p238. however, I have a crossbreed supertuck, a stoner holster IWB, a belly band, and an ankle holster. I like the crossbreed and the ankle holster the most, though I only use the ankle holster when I have on boots (great for when riding horses). I have tried appendix carry without success, and tend to carry between 4 and 5 o'clock strong side. My biggest issue is that I don't want to change the way I dress, so instead I am changing guns! If you know people that carry try different holsters and guns, and I agree with the earlier post, go to gun shows and try on a bunch of holsters. I have successfully concealed a full-size beretta though, so anything is possible with the right cover garment. My biggest issue with the revolver is the grip, it tends to stick out when I move. that is why I am changing to the small sig.
  • Post by bunkeru2k » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:03 pm
    I am interested in hearing how the Supertuck works out for you. As someone who is dabbling with making holsters similar to those models, let me ask you this: What would ladies look for in a conceal holster for comfort and concealability?
I look for soft leather against my skin, and stability so the butt of the gun doesn't show through my shirt, especially when I bend over or lean. That is why I like the crossbreed holster the best, the 2 clips keep the gun much more stable. when designing a holster for women remember that most of our pants are lower rise, and I find I have to adjust the holster to a more severe cant than men do. I like the gun to ride lower as well, so less is above my waist band because my torso is short. hope that helps