Annie Oakley Women's Sporting Clays shoot(Labor Day weekend)

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

LeiraHoward

Annie Oakley Women's Sporting Clays shoot(Labor Day weekend)

Post by LeiraHoward »

I just happened to think that some of the readers here might be interested in the Annie Oakley Women's Shooting Association (AOWSA) Sporting Clays shoot this year.

It is held in Ohio, and the location varies. This year it is at Elkhorn Lake Hunt Club in Bucyrus, OH.

They have two days of shooting. Saturday, September 2nd is a LADIES ONLY event, lots of fun and food and prizes.
Sunday, September 3rd is a couple's shoot (one guy, one girl, not necessarily romantically involved) where each person shoots half the targets. Each set of clays is thrown as a true pair, with each shooter having one shell and choosing one target to break (communication with your partner is vital). It ends up being a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it the last time I competed in it (a couple years ago).

Links with information:
The Annie Oakley Women's Shooting Association
Elkhorn Lake Hunt Club's upcoming events page

I don't seem to see pricing and some of the other information on those pages, but if you contact Connie Meddles of the AOWSA, she can mail you out a copy of the flyer with more information.

Note: I do not make any money from endorsing this event. :) I just like to see more women out shooting!