A concealed carry holster for the ladies

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: A concealed carry holster for the ladies

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

And how would that work for an A cup? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
And how would that work for an A cup? :wink:
You know a 21 year old female that is an A cup?? :?
Certainly not any of the women in my family.
I have a niece that was 36-24-35 when she was 12 and she was a late bloomer.
Isn't that what padded bras are for?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I love some of the comments.

panda 1 day ago
Is that a real gun? what happens if ur breasts are too small? wouldnt people be able to see it? if its a real gun is it legal to be carrying it around?

arin 15 hours ago in reply to panda
yes its a real gun ( sounds like a .25 or .27 caliber but Im not positive). if your boobs are too small the outline will show yes. Its legal to carry concealed with the proper permits/training in most states.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

If you follow the link you will get to an ebay page with Flashbang Bra Holsters for:
Kel Tec P3AT
Ruger LCP
S&W J frame 38
S&W Bodyguard 38
Ruger LCR 38
Sig P238
and it says:
Fits any conventional bra, 32,34,36,38,40​, b,c,d,dd,e
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Nope, not buying one of those.

I'll learn to use a manly holster, thank you very much.

And there are women over 21 who are A cups.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
banthafett

Post by banthafett »

Seems like you would scratch the heck out of a gun ripping the gun out of it from the bottom over and over. My wife says whe would like to try it, but that dont make one for a Crimson Trace.
bsctov

Post by bsctov »

It's extremely creepy to read the unsolicited suggestions from random dudes on the female section of the forum. :?
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

bsctov wrote:It's extremely creepy to read the unsolicited suggestions from random dudes on the female section of the forum. :?
bsctov:

We don't have all that many gals on here, but who knows what might interest who....

As to our comments, well, that's another story, but if there's a downside to something, generally the guys will spot it, except for extremely female-related areas.

Don't forget, too, that a lot of gals are using cotton where nature has forgotten or something like that - who knows what'll fit where :D....

I saw that clip when PGWP posted it originally. Better than nothing, but it presumes you can flip up a shirt to get at the thing. Not always possible, and you should generally use the same holster all the time....

That said, the gals do have a problem - clothing styles are all over the map.... Becka (who's about 25 and "average", if somewhat petite) sometimes runs between "couldn't conceal a new quarter" and "room for Schmeig's tank", in the same day.... She decided to take a walk, and whatever she had on looked like it'd been spray painted there.... Then, later, out for dinner with friends, in an outfit that was still a little revealing, but some kind of "Smart Carry" would have worked.... Guys just don't have that problem :D....

(Gals are better looking, too :mrgreen:....)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

bsctov wrote:It's extremely creepy to read the unsolicited suggestions from random dudes on the female section of the forum. :?
There's also been some threads put up to see if I'll take the bait, and go on a rant. They even break out the popcorn smiley.

It's all in good fun. 8)
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

SMMAssociates wrote:
bsctov:

We don't have all that many gals on here, but who knows what might interest who....
:lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness, it's also not as if we've never seen a female body: some of us have a wife and/or daughters - or female friends - who carry. Heck, we may even have taken a concealed-carry training class together (and the bonding that goes on in such a training course is rather interesting: I think it comes from knowing that we're all working towards the same, important, end-goal). :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Barker

Post by Barker »

I'm sure its been posted before but this girl has some interesting holster setups!

http://youtu.be/x3oPw1WCYpU Female review of the CB Supertuck holster. She also has reviews for a thigh high holster for use under a skirt. She's a petite girl and conceals a LCR pretty good.
NRA Member
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ faliaphotography and limatunes are two of the best YouTube presenters for female-specific CCW/CHL concerns; limatunes also trains extensively, and her videos also bridge over to things like knife-work, Force-on-Force training, and even general advice, such as "how to behave in a gun-shop," which can be a great primer for newbies of either sex that may find the gun-shop experience intimidating.

The only thing about these two ladies is that their body-shapes are what they are...and as-such, their holster/gear selection may not work for every woman. My wife doesn't carry, but a fellow DefensiveCarry.com member's wife is of her similar body-shape and size, and he's mentioned that what worked for falia and lima doesn't work as well for his wife.

All-in-all, I've learned that there's many female-specific issues to concealed carry. Mustang380gal, alone, has enlightened me to the fact that for some, based simply on their natural body cycles, what fits well one day may be distinctly less so on another, as well as the fact that a lot of female clothing presents their unique concerns towards concealed-carry (i.e. non-standard belt-loop placement, belt-loops that are way too weak to support draws, etc.). For me, it's been an education, to hear of these concerns from our fellow legal concealed-carriers.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Barker:

Cute (from what you can see) young lady with the holster video - might help some of the gals! Either she's kinda tiny, though, or that's a lot of holster.... :D

Tim:

I think Linda's the expert, but after 35 years of marriage (and my daughter's 25), as well as growing up with two sisters, I've got some idea of how a female is shaped :D.... 'Tis a problem....

Back when my daughter was about ten, she came up with about $40 in "birthday money", and decided to buy some shirts. She dragged me to the Mall, which is not one of my favorite places, and into a store. Then she made me come back into the changing area.... Nobody else back there, and she was adequately covered up, but I just knew somebody would walk in :D.... (Her cousin Zoe, about three years older, gave her some kind of sports bra that could have doubled for a swimsuit top. Fortunately....)

Reminds me of a friend's daughter. Sweet little girl (back then - she's way over 50 now), but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Nothing was taboo - she'd talk about anything that percolated up through her brain. I always worried she'd come up with some kind of "female problem" and show us.... ('Bout sixteen then - a little too old for that :D....)

Anyway, most of the guys here have spouses or girlfriends who may need to carry, and this sort of information has to be useful in that sense. After all, they're more likely to ask us than momma....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I follow these threads because my wife has her CCW and my daughter will when she turns 21. They are always looking for better idea on how to carry.
GroveTuckey

Post by GroveTuckey »

I would like to know what the female board members use currently. My wife is taking her class next Saturday (WOOO WHOOOO!) and she seems to want to buy something pretty. I get fashion and all but a holster has to be comfortable and usable. I am hesitant on purse carry so I am trying to get her to buy something for on the person.

I am just happy she is going to take her class so I will support whatever method she chooses. But if she tries purse carry I will happen by and take it from her.

Thanks in advance!