A concealed carry holster for the ladies

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: A concealed carry holster for the ladies

Post by Mustang380gal »

I have an Alessi thumb break OWB that I like, but I still do a fair amount of purse carry. Not all of those are created equal, though. Mine came from the Sportsmen's Den in Shelby. It's the nicest I have found, especially for the money. Coronado is more expensive than I can manage.

If my strength training body change continues, I may end up buying an IWB because the waistband will fit one!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Breebadee

Post by Breebadee »

I'm going to bring this one back up, this is my first post here. I do not have my CHL yet, should be coming any day now though. I was skeptical of the Flashbang holster when I saw the video and webpage link, however after we purchased a TCP a few weeks back, I decided to get the holster and give it a try. I am a tall girl at 5'9", but I am also pretty slender 135 lbs. I don't pretend to have more than what god gave me in the chest department, but I find this holster to be comfortable, easy to use, and VERY VERY concealable. I was able to give my husband a hug and he didn't even know I had it on. I have practiced with it for a while now, and I am looking forward to using it when my permit comes in! It is definitely a great option when you want to wear a tighter/shorter shirt, plus I love their slogan "Play Nice, Let the Bad Guy Die Happy!"

On the same note to answer someone's question about what methods we use to carrry. I also have an FNS-9 that I also plan to carry (definitely not concealable in the bra) I got a Blackhawk IWB holster to go with it and with the right cover garments, I can easily carry without it printing. I found fly-away cardigan vests that I can wear over t-shirts and tank tops that totally break up the print of the gun. I also found some tanks at Wal-Mart that have attached "fly-away" vests and they will work for both IWB carry and Flashbang carry. I do not plan on purse carry, simply because there are too many things that could happen, I feel better knowing that I will have the gun on my person. If a bad guy wants my purse, he can have it (I can cancel credit cards--I hardly ever carry more than a $20 on me, but I can't get that gun back!)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I have a friend that just ordered a Flashbang holster. Maybe I can convince her to let me watch her practice drawing! :twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
BobK

Post by BobK »

Breebadee wrote:. . . this is my first post here.
Glad you are here, welcome.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

The recent episode of NCIS:Los Angeles (Season 3, Episode 22) has agent Kensi Blye sporting a possible Flashbang.
MyWifeSaidYes
blah

Post by blah »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:The recent episode of NCIS:Los Angeles (Season 3, Episode 22) has agent Kensi Blye sporting a possible Flashbang.
I'm a full season behind that show.... wouldn't mind seeing her character sporting one of those...
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?