beginner rifle

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dirtdawg

Re: beginner rifle

Post by dirtdawg »

I think I can line up a nice Smith&Wesson M&P 15/22 for you. I had a member offer it up for shoots at CCFSA. See you there! Of course, if you don't remind me...
Dirtdawg
NRA Member, Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association Director
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor; Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, PPITH
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Oakley-wannabe wrote:Thank you everyone! I just bought a ticket for the Appleseed in Wilmington at the end of October and am hoping someone will be nice enough to loan me a rifle for the event.
Awesome!

As someone who had very little rifle experience when I went to my first AS, I'll let you in on a secret.
You're at an advantage as you'll have no bad habits to break.

Just bring that learning attitude.

Good Luck!!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oakley-wannabe

Post by Oakley-wannabe »

Thanks, dirtdawg. That would be great. I am also trying to get word to the instructors, like Mustang380gal suggested.
Never apologize for who you are.
Never give up.
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
dirtdawg

Post by dirtdawg »

Plenty of time to track down a rifle. We actually have two Appleseed events scheduled in Wilmington (CCFSA) this year. I will caution you that you had better bring some good shaded glasses if you come to the October event, because when the sun starts to set behind the berm with the low sun angle, well, you probably get the idea...
Dirtdawg
NRA Member, Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association Director
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor; Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, PPITH
38smith

Post by 38smith »

I bought a Stevens model 62 for 75 bucks a few months ago. It was dirty when I bought it and I shot it that way to see how durable it is. I put around 525 rounds through it without any problems. I want a 10/22 also but I got the Stevens as a first 22 rifle to see how fun they are to shoot. They are a blast. The only downside of the Stevens is the 10 round clip unlike the 10/22 and drum.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

38smith wrote:I bought a Stevens model 62 for 75 bucks a few months ago. It was dirty when I bought it and I shot it that way to see how durable it is. I put around 525 rounds through it without any problems. I want a 10/22 also but I got the Stevens as a first 22 rifle to see how fun they are to shoot. They are a blast. The only downside of the Stevens is the 10 round clip unlike the 10/22 and drum.
The 10/22 factory mags are 10 rounds. Our rifle will not reliably feed the banana mags.

And the way Appleseed sets its course of fire, drums aren't a benefit at all, anyway.

See, no downside. :)
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!