Carry ideas for my wife?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

falcon428

Carry ideas for my wife?

Post by falcon428 »

I am trying to get the wife to carry more often than she does. Her biggest issue is how to carry..holster (what kind), purse or what else? She doesn't wear belt so alot of holsters are out. She doesnt want to spend money on a bunch of items that she wont like and have a drawer full of holsters like so many of us. Any ideas would be great as well as name of brands you have had luck with. She is also looking for something to carry in for walking and some jogging, she spends alot of time on local bike path, and it has some secluded, thru the woods and non-populated areas. Its a beautiful area of 13 miles of bike/walkin paths, but i worry about the wierdo's who might be hiding around the next corner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
NRA Life member
OhioCCW member
BFA member
USCCA member
2nd Admendment rights advocate
45Automatic

Re: Carry ideas for my wife?

Post by 45Automatic »

What about those undershirts with the holster built in? I can't remember who makes them, though. I am sure someone will chime in with more info soon.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

I bought the lambskin pistol pouch (fanny pack) for my wife to use while walking the dogs. It is pretty well made, and will hold a full sized pistol. You can see it in the link below, along with a couple of other fanny packs.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/sear ... ck+holster
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Have you (or her) browsed Cornered Cat? lots of good info in there for the ladies.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
musgrasm

Post by musgrasm »

5.11 makes the holster shirt but I don't believe it's cut for women. 5.11 also makes a carry fanny pack that would probably look normal for a jogger.
falcon428

Post by falcon428 »

Thanks everyone, will show her your ideas, will check them out. Hope to hear more ideas, on how the ladies like to carry.
NRA Life member
OhioCCW member
BFA member
USCCA member
2nd Admendment rights advocate
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

musgrasm wrote:5.11 makes the holster shirt but I don't believe it's cut for women. 5.11 also makes a carry fanny pack that would probably look normal for a jogger.
There are several types of concealment T-shirts available. I've had several.
I do not recommend the 5.11 concealment T-shirt (though I like a lot of the rest of their gear). I find that the 5.11 shirt is scratchy and frankly uncomfortable.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
bunkeru2k

Post by bunkeru2k »

The belly bands would be a pretty good option unless she wears tight fitting shirts. Good option for joggers.
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

check with discreetcarry.com. you can find them on ebay. heres a couple pics of options they have for the ladies

WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
BigV

Post by BigV »

djmac1964 wrote:I bought the lambskin pistol pouch (fanny pack) for my wife to use while walking the dogs. It is pretty well made, and will hold a full sized pistol. You can see it in the link below, along with a couple of other fanny packs.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/sear ... ck+holster
And...Fanny Packs ARE making a comeback!!

Read It Here
BigV
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Dag, BigV, I didn't know you read purse blogs... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.