Impossible to carry!!!

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

blah

Re: Impossible to carry!!!

Post by blah »

Congrats on finding the perfect carry!
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?
ITFlyer

Post by ITFlyer »

I'm going to have to disagree with her a little bit. First....it's really kind of reaching to call this a "monster". :)

The LCP, in my opinion, is snappy - but nowhere near what even my Glock 26 produces. I would put something white on the front sight of the LCP, because when held up against a black target, the LCP's sights completely disappear. At close range I can put bullets through virtually the same hole with my 26, and with the LCP, I was just all over the place. Part of that I'm sure was that my trigger finger was pulling the muzzle every which way as I pulled the trigger through it's long stroke, because the gun is too small for my hands.

Taking it apart and cleaning it, it's obvious that it's not a Glock - I doubt we'll be seeing 20,000 rounds through it. It's solid, but it's not immortal. The barrel wall thickness is amazingly thin - which is no doubt why they warn not to use +P ammunition in it.

So basically, it's perfect for her, definitely not for me. :)
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Another board posed the question "How would you carry if wearing a kilt?" -- and some manly lads who wear the Utilakilt or otherwise wear the wee kilt often enough to know, replied with carefully considered and thoughtful answers.
There were smart aleck answers of course -- there always are, we seem to take our fun very seriously -- but one made sense to me:
"Drawers or kilt, matters not. IWB with a vest or an overshirt."
I don't know if this will be an option for you or not, so as Paul Harvey said, "For what it's worth."
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
ITFlyer

Post by ITFlyer »

I thought I'd update this thread - I got her a Crimson Trace LG-431 laser for the LCP - it mounts in front of the trigger guard. I eyeballed the laser elevation and windage adjustments to the sights, and it turned out to be pretty close. She's quite happy with the laser, and it helps with point shooting (which is really what this gun is suited for).

She is still very frustrated in trying to find a decent way to carry. She has a purse with a holster in it, but has tried all kinds of bands, holsters and so on that purport to strap your gun to your body in one way or another - none of them fit comfortably, or actually conceal. She's small and curvy, so it's tough finding something. Any suggestions are more than welcome!
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

We're still going through the same trials and tribulations that you are. She's happy with her G26 but how to carry has yet to be settled. I buy another option or two each month ans she keeps considering them. She gets a Crimson Trace laser for Christmas.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I've been carrying since the beginning, and still haven't figured out body carry.

My second holster purse is wearing out. I really have to come up with something....
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
ITFlyer

Post by ITFlyer »

What size gun are you carrying, Mustang?
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

My guess would be a Colt Mustang 380, though I could be wrong. :lol:
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

ITFlyer wrote:What size gun are you carrying, Mustang?
I sometimes carry a Colt Mustang .380, but I graduated to a 9mm. I have a Browning High Power compact.

I also have a Detonics .45 that isn't quite carry-ready yet. The ejector and something else aren't right. Hubby had to fix the same thing in his Detonics.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Zen

Post by Zen »

A couple of suggestions:
The "BUG" at http://www.discreetcarry.com/Hiddengunproductpage.html (they sell through ebay)
The bra holster at http://www.guns4gals.com/Holsters.html
And no, I'm not wearing either one ..... at the moment :oops:
Never submit, comply or follow the commands of an attacker...

OFCC & NRA Member
Flexmoney

Post by Flexmoney »

http://gunholsters.com/blog/concealed-c ... for-women/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kyle F.
USPSA Board of Directors - Area 5