Wife Flies to TX Takes Her Gun

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BigV

Wife Flies to TX Takes Her Gun

Post by BigV »

My wife scheduled a trip to Dallas to visit my oldest daughter who attends Texas A&M in Amarillo. Since my daughter decided to take summer classes she wouldn’t be traveling home for the summer.
Two days before her scheduled departure she tells me she wants to take her CCW with her. Since she has her Ohio and PA CCW license there should be no issues with her carrying in TX. I was both shocked and pleased at the same time. Since she was flying American Airlines I scanned their web page to make sure they accept checked weapons.

So I stowed her S&W model 60 in a hard case along with a box of Cor-Bon jacketed hollow points and holster and locked the case up. She put the box inside her suitcase and off she went. She called me later and said it was really easy and the airlines were very friendly and helpful. She said she had to open the case (they never checked to see if the revolver was loaded or even touched it) and then over to an x-ray machine. She put her case back inside her suitcase and it was checked in.

She said it was just as easy when she departed Dallas airport as well.

Just thought I would pass along how easy it was for her to take her weapon with her while traveling.
BigV
sethmcdonald
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Wife Flies to TX Takes Her Gun

Post by sethmcdonald »

Good deal. I'll have to try this out for myself sometime soon!
stavinski

Post by stavinski »

You've inspired me. Does ohios chl work for Arizona?
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

stavinski wrote:You've inspired me. Does ohios chl work for Arizona?
Yes.
TSparks

Post by TSparks »

Didn't know you could bring ammo on planes now.
jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

TSparks wrote:Didn't know you could bring ammo on planes now.
yep, do yourself a favor and read both the Airlines rules and the TSA rules regarding how to transport both the ammunition and the firearm. My experience was similar to the OP's post. I followed the instructions and it was easy for me.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
BobK

Post by BobK »

I flew from Columbus to Houston on Monday with a firearm and ammo. Continental allows 11 lb of ammo, so I packed 250 rounds of .45 ACP. I could have brought more because no-one even looked at the ammo.

The worst part of the whole experience was having to pay $23 to check a bag.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

sethmcdonald wrote:Good deal. I'll have to try this out for myself sometime soon!
I do it all the time.

You should check this out:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items
Firearms & Ammunition
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/ ... _1666.shtm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws