Am I allowed to take my 10-year-old grandson to the range?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

River 447

Re: Am I allowed to take my 10-year-old grandson to the rang

Post by River 447 »

jabeatty wrote:
18 USC 44 922 (x)

(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is a juvenile—

(A) a handgun; or

(B) ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun.
That I was aware of, it was paratrooper's use of the term "firearm" that had me thinking I was missing something. Thanks.
River 447
ParatrooperJJ

Post by ParatrooperJJ »

River 447 wrote:
jabeatty wrote:
18 USC 44 922 (x)

(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is a juvenile—

(A) a handgun; or

(B) ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun.
That I was aware of, it was paratrooper's use of the term "firearm" that had me thinking I was missing something. Thanks.
Sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant handgun.
Death from above!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Is allowing someone to use something under supervision legally considered a transfer?

If that is the case, I guess that everyone that rents a gun at a range to target practice should be required to fill out a 4473 and have their info called in for a NICS check.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

I spent the last weekend in August with 125 10-16 year old kids on the range with handguns and rifles while wearing an Ohio Wildlife Federation ID, been doing that now for 20 years without an objection :wink:

Make sure they're well supervised and you'll both have a memorable experience.

Gun-proofing the child works much better than childproofing the gun.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;