Female only gun camps

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

muxtech

Female only gun camps

Post by muxtech »

This is good news. More women need to embrace our sport and lifestyle. Hopefully, more bad guys will be put down by their chosen would-be victims in the years to come.
Debbie Ferns travels the USA organising "Ladies Only Gun Camps" complete with pink weapons to encourage women to take up shooting.
Mrs Ferns, 55, from Tucson, Arizona, has also written a book called Babes with Bullets, Women Having Fun With Guns.
"Every woman in America should shoot a gun," said Mrs Ferns, who has more than 20 in her home collection.
She added "As long as the woman is a legal and law-abiding citizen I feel they should at least have a basic education in firearms safety."
The three-day camps, which cost £400, are exploding across the country and in January next year a US TV show will begin documenting the female gun trend.
"It started with one camp in 2004 and now we're planning 15 to 20 camps for 2010," said Debbie, who has helped recruit over 1,000 women to the shooting world.
"Women love it. We get schoolteachers, lawyers, nurses, women from all walks of life.
"They come in as novices and go away with a brand new skill using a powerful tool.
"Quite often they make new lifelong friends at camp as well."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... in-US.html
The British are going! The British are going!
Cyclimus

Re: Female only gun camps

Post by Cyclimus »

I need to find one of these for my wife in or near NE Ohio! Anyone know of any?
Give me liberty or give me death.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Female only gun camps

Post by dl1911 »

Cyclimus wrote:I need to find one of these for my wife in or near NE Ohio! Anyone know of any?
I know that Ashland Lake had a women only event earlier this year and is planning on having one next year as well. Not sure about all the pink guns but talked with someone who went and they thought it went very well.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers