Women at a Gun Shop

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pnhsavvy

Re: Women at a Gun Shop

Post by pnhsavvy »

how horrible that you ran into such a jerk at a gun store. I stop in our local gun store all the time, and so far have always had good experiences. All of the men I know that shoot just seem excited that a woman wants to shoot with them! I have shot pistols ranging from P22 to full size 1911, and haven't had issue, but I think I might take offense if I was only offered a .22, and btw I have extremely small hands and I shoot a full-size beretta on the range and in a IDPA match.

Girl, I would find another gun shop to give my money to, there are plenty out there that will treat you right. and keep on shooting!
synack2

Post by synack2 »

calvin56 wrote:
Darkness wrote: She probably shot better than 80% of the men I know. Until that day she had never fired any handgun except the .38 her father had given her. She could have taught the counter guy a thing or two about marksmanship.
My wife had never shot a gun and handled my 1911 just fine, other than racking the slide was a little hard for her. It was scary how accurate she was. If someone breaks into my house I am should probably hand the gun to my wife and say "Get em hon!"
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
jenn72

Post by jenn72 »

jenn72 wrote: The time before that, I attend a gun show with my boyfriend and he talked a guy into selling him a used S&W M&P 40 for 300 bucks. It was originally marked at 400. It was in amazing condition. Couldn't even tell it at been fired.
I recently found out that my boyfriend had done some work for this guy and this is why he was able to get it darn cheap

Post by robertov416 »

We've started frequenting a shop we like and just realized yesterday it has a woman manager. Perhaps that's why my wife was treated well when she went in alone to get her first gun. None of the guys were condescending to my wife either and were helpful when she purchased another gun yesterday.