Men don't like women with guns???

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Giia

Re: Men don't like women with guns???

Post by Giia »

curmudgeon3 wrote:30 ! No sweat, some women have been known to have several 29th b-days. This is only your first ...... right ? :)
Haha, this is my first and only. I think I'm fabulous for 29, and when I turn 30 I'll be just as fabulous, and by then graduated! How does life get any better? :D

And on a different note, I am excited though! I'm moving back to northern ohio the end of this month - back to the country where I have my dad's shooting range and people are nice and there are hardly any places that have "no firearm" signs in their windows. Oh how I have missed it! ;)
Dr. Giia
NRA Life Member
OFCC Supporter
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

I have celebrated 14 anniversaries of my 39th birthday. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't see a problem here. I just see a young woman with very high standards. Not that there's anything wrong with that either.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Giia wrote: back to the country where I have my dad's shooting range
Hmmmm...a girl that comes with her own shooting range? Too good to be true.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Giia wrote:That's not a problem, I have never wanted kids *lol* And if for some reason that changes, I wouldn't want them til I was older and had a career and had lived my life.
There is a school of thought that one has not really "lived" until one has had to raise children. I'm not a strict member of that school but I WILL say that life does not end with either marriage or childbirth, despite what my few bachelor buddies think.

However, waiting until you have finished your education and established yourself financially is probably a fairly good idea.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Giia

Post by Giia »

Morne wrote:
Giia wrote:That's not a problem, I have never wanted kids *lol* And if for some reason that changes, I wouldn't want them til I was older and had a career and had lived my life.
There is a school of thought that one has not really "lived" until one has had to raise children. I'm not a strict member of that school but I WILL say that life does not end with either marriage or childbirth, despite what my few bachelor buddies think.

However, waiting until you have finished your education and established yourself financially is probably a fairly good idea.
Glad to know that marriage and babies isn't life ending Morne! lol Seriously though, sometimes I wonder if hanging out w/ the men of the family hasn't somehow been responsible for my fear of settling down. But in any case, I am a firm believer in establishing oneself first, and I'd like to use my degree and save some money before adventuring into anything life-changing!

I always enjoy listening to what others have to say about it all. I have sort of been cut off from reality, as I've been in college for so long. And really, it's wierd as most of my friends are in the 29-30 age range, but none have had babies yet and most are only engaged at this point. So, I have not really been exposed to the whole marriage and babies thing yet. Maybe that's why I don't have the settle-down-bug? I also come from a family with no divorces in it, and I think that has set the bar really high.

So in the meantime, I'm having fun and experiencing new things - hopefully, the best is yet to come :D

PS: for those in northern ohio, maybe there'll be a meet-n-eat sort of thing sometime up that way and I can meet some of you as well!
Dr. Giia
NRA Life Member
OFCC Supporter
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

calvin56 wrote:I have celebrated 14 anniversaries of my 39th birthday. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't see a problem here. I just see a young woman with very high standards. Not that there's anything wrong with that either.
I do something similar only. I figure I'm still 29 since I haven't celebrated a birthday past that. Instead I celebrate anniversaries of my 29th birthday. Of course with next year being the 15th anniversary it's getting a little hard to keep telling myself I'm only 29!
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

PS: for those in northern ohio, maybe there'll be a meet-n-eat sort of thing sometime up that way and I can meet some of you as well!
I'm considering hosting (no, I'm not picking up everyone's tab) one this Fall or perhaps early Winter.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Giia

Post by Giia »

Jake wrote:
I'm considering hosting (no, I'm not picking up everyone's tab) one this Fall or perhaps early Winter.
That would be most excellent :)
Dr. Giia
NRA Life Member
OFCC Supporter
jmorman

Post by jmorman »

Giia wrote:
Jake wrote:
That would be most excellent :)
A Northern Ohio meet would be awesome, count me in!
Common sense is not common.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

We can start a new thread......but, would you prefer a Meet/Greet/Eat...or Meet/Greet/Shoot/Eat?

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Shoot! And make it a weekend I can attend this time!
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Taking the MGSE discussion to here......http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

falcon428

Post by falcon428 »

Not to bring up an old post but, shortly after I met my wife I found out she was an NRA member when I seen the American Rifleman sitting in her apt. This turned into a life altering conversation that night. I found out she was a NRA member, she owned an M1 carbine, her mom is an NRA Instructor and range officer. Lets just say that was the turning point when I knew she was the one...lol She has many great attributes, the gun thing was icing on the cake!

She has her CHL now, doesnt carry as often as I would like her to but we are getting there. Alot of that is finding how she wants to carry, now that she found a pistol she really likes (HKP2000sk).
NRA Life member
OhioCCW member
BFA member
USCCA member
2nd Admendment rights advocate