Oklahoma Could Allow Pregnant Women to Kill to Save Unborn C

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Oklahoma Could Allow Pregnant Women to Kill to Save Unborn C

Post by pirateguy191 »

Very interesting article. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, if not please move it.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04 ... save-baby/
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
tmcblane

Re: Oklahoma Could Allow Pregnant Women to Kill to Save Unborn C

Post by tmcblane »

She should have the right to protect herself and the child.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Personally, I find the whole abortion debate to be utter noise generated by both sides. In fact, both sides want the debate to never end since they use it to gin up their base to go vote. Really pathetic, if you ask me.

Of all the political issues out there it is the ONE that I just shrug my shoulders at and say "hey man, whatever" because I honestly don't give a rat squirt either way.

That said, any man who attacks a pregnant woman should be beaten down with the fist of an angry god. And whatever it takes for that pregnant woman to defend herself, and her precious cargo, is just fine by me.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
jobu72
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by jobu72 »

Morne wrote:... That said, any man who attacks a pregnant woman should be beaten down with the fist of an angry god. And whatever it takes for that pregnant woman to defend herself, and her precious cargo, is just fine by me.
Agreed.

And please please please, without sparking a huge debate, this is just my personal opinion, if you post your personal opinion that is fine, but I don't have time to argue which way is right or wrong or choice or whatever, so here it goes ...

I happen to subscribe to the fact that life begins at conception, that abortion should be illegal in all instances because it should be considered murder, and that crimes against an unborn baby should be no different than one that has been born.

I am happy to see laws like this pass.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Jobu,

No debate needed, my friend.

I dig and wholly respect your viewpoint. I would submit that it is not necessary to adhere to it in order to support this law, though. I look upon it as just common sense that a preggers woman can do whatever it takes to defend her cargo - whether you view that cargo as a glorified tumor or a divinely presented gift.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!