Twenty Year Old Daughter

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Flint

Twenty Year Old Daughter

Post by Flint »

I have a Daughter who is almost self-sufficient living one hour away who cannot provide for her security because of Ohio law. This needs to be fixed.
shooterwolf

Re: Twenty Year Old Daughter

Post by shooterwolf »

I don't think this is a dating sevice, but you might get some interesting offers. :lol:
What's her location? Any pics?

Shooterwolf.
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

Get her a shotgun, or an AR-15 @ least then she can protect herself at home, I do think its Bull Crap that you have to be 21 to carry a gun or buy a handgun.
-Aaron
McM

Post by McM »

Have her join the miltary. To the state of Ohio (and ericscher) the lives of military personnel and veterans are more valuable than us plain ol' citizens.
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Are you sure about that? She can have a rifle. Although she cannot buy a handgun, I think she can posses one. She cannot get a CHL, but she could open carry (but not in a vehicle.)

Of course those "solutions" may attract attention, but that's a good way to get things changed.

Even more bizarre is that if your offspring was a male, he would automatically be a member of the militia, but still with the same limitations.

Ken
The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Flint wrote:I have a Daughter who is almost self-sufficient living one hour away who cannot provide for her security because of Ohio law. This needs to be fixed.
Take her shotgun shopping. Nuthin' better for HD anyways.

Another idea - get her a gift certificate to a local (for her) martial arts school. I knew one girl in college, real bubbly sort, who had more black belts than Men's Wearhouse. She could rip your name in two. :shock: :lol: 8)
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Stephen2

Post by Stephen2 »

shooterwolf wrote:I don't think this is a dating sevice, but you might get some interesting offers. :lol:
What's her location? Any pics?

Shooterwolf.
Classic.

Get the good pepper spray. You can also get a collapsible baton. ASPs are relatively expensive. There are two that no-name brand. The one with the foam grips are junk. The one with the solid rubber grips are much nicer. They cost <$25. Before my wife carried she had both of those options available.

Scatter guns are nice too.
Umm, that's cartridges, not bullets and magazines, not clips.
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

OhioPaints wrote: Even more bizarre is that if your offspring was a male, he would automatically be a member of the militia, but still with the same limitations.
The current Ohio Revised Code makes no distinction between males and females for inclusion in the militia. She's automatically considered a member of the State's Unorganized Militia under the provisions of Section D.
5923.01 State militia membership - limitation of troops.

(A) The Ohio organized militia consist of all citizens of the state who are not permanently handicapped, as handicapped is defined in section 4112.01 of the Revised Code, who are more than seventeen years, and not more than sixty-seven years, of age unless exempted as provided in section 5923.02 of the Revised Code, and who are members of one of the following:

(1) The Ohio national guard;

(2) The Ohio naval militia;

(3) The Ohio military reserve.

(B) The Ohio national guard, including both the Ohio air national guard and the Ohio army national guard, the Ohio naval militia, and the Ohio military reserve are known collectively as the Ohio organized militia.

(C) The Ohio naval militia and the Ohio military reserve are known collectively as the state defense forces.

(D) The unorganized militia consists of those citizens of the state as described in division (A) of this section who are not members of the Ohio organized militia.

(E) No troops shall be maintained in time of peace other than as authorized and prescribed under the “Act of August 10, 1956,” 70A Stat. 596, 32 U.S.C.A. 101 to 716. This limitation does not affect the right of the state to the use of its organized militia within its borders in time of peace as prescribed by the laws of this state. This section does not prevent the organization and maintenance of police.

Effective Date: 09-18-1997
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/5923.01

We the People ARE the Militia!
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

The current Ohio Revised Code makes no distinction between males and females for inclusion in the militia. She's automatically considered a member of the State's Unorganized Militia under the provisions of Section D.
I think the federal definition makes a gender distinction. But anyway, you make an excellent point. How in the heck can we have an unarmed militia? Oh, sorry, I was thinking logically, unlike how they work in the statehouse.

Ken
The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."
BB62

Post by BB62 »

OhioPaints wrote:...She cannot get a CHL, but she could open carry (but not in a vehicle.)...
Yeah, she can open carry it (somewhat) legally, but the person who furnishes it to her could get it hot water, and so could she for "complicity" in the act.

This is my biggest disagreement with 1/2 of the founders of opencarry.org - the method used to arrive at (and show) Ohio's minimum age to OC.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Flint wrote:I have a Daughter who is almost self-sufficient living one hour away who cannot provide for her security because of Ohio law. This needs to be fixed.
Would she mind a guy a couple of years older then her? :P

Nah, all kidding aside I would look into a shotgun if I were you. Might need to get a night light ladies model 20 guage or something, depending on how strong she is.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
Sigma40

Post by Sigma40 »

Sounds like time for a $200 Mav. 88 for home defense at minimum.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams