Loading the mag

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Vikefantam

Loading the mag

Post by Vikefantam »

My magazine for my Glock holds 9 rounds. I have one of those nifty sleeves that fits over the mag to make it easier to load. Well, 11 years ago, I had surgery on my right thumb tendon and it hasn't been the same since. I used to easily load a 9 mm Beretta clip, getting all of the bullets in (without the sleeve). Now, I can only load 8 in the mag at a time because my thumb is weak (this is even with the sleeve). Anyone have any suggestions, tips or tricks as to how to get that blasted last bullet in the mag? (No, I can't do it left-handed either). :D

Thanks!

Merry Christmas!
Tammy
"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state." Thomas Jefferson

("Che" referring to Juan Person in the play Evita) "Juan always picks the easy fight. Juan praises fools, Juan smothers light. Juan shifts from left to right. It's politics, the art of the possible."
Brian D.

Re: Loading the mag

Post by Brian D. »

Have you seen either of these products?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=952670

Or

http://www.pistoleer.com/hks/magazine/

I think the UpLula is a little nicer (and universal to most all handguns) but I've tried the HKS product and it works well.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Sigma40

Post by Sigma40 »

Any chance you could lay the last round on the table and press the magazine down onto the round? Like on a workbench or something.. so as not to ruin your kitchen table :wink:
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

UpLula FTW.

I can't get the last round in my Para P-14 mag, either. Not an injury issue - it's just that my thumbs aren't made of tool steel.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
BigV

Post by BigV »

I use the Maglula UPLULA to load all my pistol mags and the Maglula LULA Magazine Loader and Unloader AR-15 223 mags. These both work extremely well for both loading and unloading magazines. I take mine to the range and reload my mags very quickly. It very simple to operate as well.
BigV
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

UpLula discussed here. Here's a video of it in use.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Make Karl do it! :twisted:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

Morne wrote:UpLula FTW.

I can't get the last round in my Para P-14 mag, either. Not an injury issue - it's just that my thumbs aren't made of tool steel.
I have 5 different P-14 mags and the last round will not go into any of them. Gee, the thirteenth round is even hard.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Morne wrote:I can't get the last round in my Para P-14 mag, either. Not an injury issue - it's just that my thumbs aren't made of tool steel.
First message this morning that made me laugh out loud.

After having my thumb slip off my P-14 mag hard enough to leave black blister under the fingernail two or three times, I went out and bought my first UpLula. WOW! Should be required required reading.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Vikefantam wrote: Anyone have any suggestions, tips or tricks as to how to get that blasted last bullet in the mag?
Regarding suggestions, tips or tricks, I have learned that some firearms, such as my Browning Hi-Power, tend to feed more reliably when I don't have the magazine forcibly filled to the very top.

Sometimes it's wiser to download a magazine by one round to ensure reliable feeding. It's a lot easier on your thumb, too.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
doc832

Post by doc832 »

BigV wrote:I use the Maglula UPLULA to load all my pistol mags and the Maglula LULA Magazine Loader and Unloader AR-15 223 mags. These both work extremely well for both loading and unloading magazines. I take mine to the range and reload my mags very quickly. It very simple to operate as well.

This is one of the best inventions I have ever seen. My girl loads her XD clips and my Taurus clips like nothing. No fuss no muss and your
thumbs will thank you.
My vote for the Maglula
http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm
Defense is a human right and a skill the strong maintain. Strength does not come from muscle or size, its a matter of personality. Every Free man should understand why He is free.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

I skeptically picked one of the Uplula loaders up on the advice of everyone here. It came today and I tried it out on all my mags. This is easily the BEST LOADER EVER.

I have to agree with all the recommedations that this is WELL worth the money.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
McM

Post by McM »

LULA pwnz all. I love my AKLula. I don't go to the range to shoot my AK w/o it.
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

McM wrote:LULA pwnz all. I love my AKLula. I don't go to the range to shoot my AK w/o it.
Reminder......
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

McM wrote:LULA pwnz all. I love my AKLula. I don't go to the range to shoot my AK w/o it.
This is the next one I need to buy.

I have an UpLula and an AR-Lula. Once I have the AK-Lula my thumbs will be safe. :D
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!