My girlfriend is tiny.

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BigV

Re: My girlfriend is tiny.

Post by BigV »

+1 on a revolver…
My wife could shoot any and all of the handguns I have including my 1911's. The only problem was that she struggled to pull the slide back on my semi auto’s and when a malfunction occurred, she was in big trouble. She finally ended up with a S&W Model 60 in stainless. This is a snub nose revolver and when she took her CCW class the instructor scoffed at the 1” barrel telling her she would have problems hitting the target. Needless to say she had practiced a lot with that little snubby and aced the course. Her instructor was impressed and she shot better than most of the men in the class.

The nice thing about a revolver is that it IS reliable. No malfunctions to clear just point and pull the trigger.
Hogue wrap around rubber grips made it easy to control.
BigV
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

my is 5'2" and tiny as well, she started with the M&P Compact in 9mm, She likes it, but has problems with actuating the slide and clearing a malfunction as well, She is now considering an S&W Model 60 .38/357 with a three inch barrel, she found one with the fiber optic sight and as soon as we have some extra cash I think were going to go pick one up. Its just gonna be awhile cause it has to wait until i recover from being laid off. Anyhow, its an excuse for me to take over the M&P Compact, which I have found myself carrying more and more, because its such a comfy little gun to take along.
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
Marica

Post by Marica »

Not like you need another response-- but.

5'4" 100lbs. Ruger SP101 .357. Fits my hand. I love it, although biggest I can shoot is 125grain, prefer 110gr., and practice with .38spl+p.
DEFCON1

Post by DEFCON1 »

You might consider a Makarov too. More umph than a .380, less recoil than a 9mm. I love mine and it's a regular carry gun even though I could get away with larger pistols. They're dead simple, dependable, and accurate within acceptable defense ranges.

The only problem is a variety of defense ammo, but the hornandy rounds are good, most of the available russian hollowpoint rounds are acceptable, and CorBon is making powerball rounds for it again. Magsafe also makes a couple rounds for it too. 9x18 is a little harder to find, but it is out there. Don't cheap out on the ammo when it comes to your girlfriend's life. Mine gets the best and knows where the keys to the safe are too.

Chris
Member in exile, out searching for Scavok.