Hey girls! What are you carrying?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I'm not very fast at double tapping, but I am accurate. It would be nice to be faster, but I'd rather be accurate than fast.

(I'm not especially slow, either, just not fast. Hubby is satisfied, and if he's happy, I'm not worrying about it.)

Part of my trouble for a while has been switching from a 1911 style single action trigger to a double action trigger. There's quite a bit of slack in the DA that I needed to account for. I mostly solved the problem.

Thanks for the dry fire reminder, Morne. I can't shoot now, and I was lamenting that I can't practice. Silly me forgot I can do that, at least. (Pregnancy hormones diminish brain function.)
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
ba1112

Post by ba1112 »

Morne, thanks for that website, I checked it out. Looks like a great exercise - yes practiced safely.

Linda, I've been curious how other women do with their speed. Accuracy, of course, is tantamout but I wonder where I fall sometimes in the speed category? I know I can use a little extra practice there.

Brida, I've checked my email several times and there's nothing there. Do gmail and yahoo not like each other? :lol:

Blake
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity
BredaFallacy

Post by BredaFallacy »

hmm...that's really odd.
"Some women fight and others do not"
- Joan Didion
Vikefantam

Re: Hey girls! What are you carrying?

Post by Vikefantam »

A Glock, model 27, .40 cal.
Attachments
glock.jpg
glock.jpg (119.71 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Tammy
"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state." Thomas Jefferson

("Che" referring to Juan Person in the play Evita) "Juan always picks the easy fight. Juan praises fools, Juan smothers light. Juan shifts from left to right. It's politics, the art of the possible."