Question for the ladies regarding informing your date

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ba1112

Question for the ladies regarding informing your date

Post by ba1112 »

Hey everyone, I've seen this post on the forum where guys wanted to know if they informed their dates that they were carrying.

Okay now this goes both ways - have any of you ladies been the one who was carrying and had to inform your date that you were carrying? Now that more women are carrying and protecting themselves this opens us up to how it might go over with a non-carrying guy.

My BF and I are both CHL holders and we don't have this issue, but I'd be interested to see if anyone has any experience with this.
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

I am not a lady, but I would guess it would depend on the date. It may not be a typical first-date topic! ;) But I imagine as you start talking about your interests you could steer the conversation towards shooting sports, etc. and bring up the CCW law and see how they react. I just got married a few weeks ago but I had my CHL before we started dating, how it came up is she was at my place and saw my NRA Personal Protection Certificate lovingly framed and hanging on the wall. :D
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
ba1112

Post by ba1112 »

Casey, you mean it would be taboo to mention something like this on a first date? :D

I was just curious if women ever ran into this, just a little flip-flop on what I'm sure men have had to approach at one time or another with their dates, girlfriends, etc.
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity
William Bonney

Post by William Bonney »

As long as she isn't packing a bigger gun I guess it would be ok. :lol:
You just know she is going to be comparing your gun to the last guys.
Just be safe, no NDs. That will ruin the whole date.
"You better stand tall when they're calling you out. Don't bend, don't break, baby don't back down." John BonJovi-It's my Life

"If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn" Motley Crue-Primal Scream
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

ba1112 wrote:Casey, you mean it would be taboo to mention something like this on a first date? :D
I wouldn't say taboo, I for one would LOVE to hear it! :D I just think it's more of a second date topic! ;)
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

There's another point of view here.

The lady's date may be the kind of guy that is the reason that concealed weapons are necessary.
I don't think it would be wise to inform a possible rapist that she's carrying.
Let him know after his pattern of behavior is known.

Just my 2¢
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

The only time it really ought to be a problem is if they would go to a CPZ movie theater or a class D restaurant. Which when dating is likely. I doubt many guys would want to impress her by taking her to Bob Evans.

I haven't had to date in almost 20 years, and from what I heard, younger guys have different attitudes than when I dated. So I don't have any helpful advice.

BUT, there was one poster here who just broke up, and there are many in their 20s who are single. Maybe you can get to know one of them, and you carrying would not be a problem at all. Your first date could be at the local shooting range!

Just a thought.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!