Smart Carry holster and pregnancy

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Smart Carry holster and pregnancy

Post by Mustang380gal »

I usually purse carry as you all know. I have lots of little ones who I really don't want to be able to put a hand on a body carried firearm. After my scare this morning (See the thread "was he a bad guy or not") I am seriously thinking that I need to body carry.

Here's the hitch. I'm expecting another baby, and I don't know how Smart Carry or Thunderwear would fit on a pregnant belly. Have any of your wives used one?

My other option which I will probably do if all else fails is switch to fanny pack carry while at home. I have gotten that to fit around on a previous pregnancy.

Thanks for opinions!

Linda
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

On body carry is where it is at.

There's nothing wrong with a fanny pack, especially for a lady.

Congrats on the coming bundle o' joy!!!
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Linda,

I think you'll find that a Smart Carry holster will fit you very nicely, and be comfortable at the same time. These holsters tend to fit well under the tummy.

The only problem I would foresee would be that it may be a bit hard to reach your firearm during the final weeks of your last trimester. :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

It's hard to reach anything that last trimester.... Slip on sandals are wonderful.

I suppose I could shift a Smart Carry sort of to the side if need be. It would certainly be less obvious than having a purse, diaper bag, and a backpack for all my homeschool stuff....

Thanks, guys!

Linda
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

What about a good shoulder holster? My wife couldn't move around too much in the third trimester, but she still could swing her arms to give me a whack :)

If you are carrying a smaller gun, it would just disappear, and be above the...ummm..bubble.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

How about one of these ?

======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®