Ladies, How often do you get out and shoot?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Scavok

Post by Scavok »

GlockLovingEngineer;

Use TinyURL dot com.

The first URL you gave had a length of 165 characters. By comparison, the resultant TinyURL has a length of 25 characters:

http://tinyurl.com/6gkpl4

(And it doesn't scroll off the right side of the screen like the 165 character one does.)
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
GlockLovingEngineer

Post by GlockLovingEngineer »

Scavok,

Thanks, I will try to remember that.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Peter Carr
BredaFallacy

Post by BredaFallacy »

I try to get to the range at least once a week. We have a membership at Sherwin in Eastlake.
"Some women fight and others do not"
- Joan Didion
Vikefantam

Re: Ladies, How often do you get out and shoot?

Post by Vikefantam »

Unfortunately, I don't get out to shoot that often. My husband and I go more often when the weather is warmer. I won't shoot outdoors when it's below 50 degrees. I shiver too much. We try to get out at least once a month during the summer.

Tammy
Tammy
"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state." Thomas Jefferson

("Che" referring to Juan Person in the play Evita) "Juan always picks the easy fight. Juan praises fools, Juan smothers light. Juan shifts from left to right. It's politics, the art of the possible."
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Vikefantam wrote:Unfortunately, I don't get out to shoot that often. My husband and I go more often when the weather is warmer. I won't shoot outdoors when it's below 50 degrees. I shiver too much. We try to get out at least once a month during the summer.

Tammy
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy....what are we going to do with you??

I don't know where you live, but here in Ohio it's below 50 degrees often! :wink:

You really need to get out and brave the elements. Chances are if you need to protect yourself, it'll be in the evening. You know...when the sun goes down. I hear it's much cooler then.

Will your shiver keep you from being able to point shoot at a bad guy who may be trying to harm you or your husband?
If so, you better practice getting over it.

I'm not trying to ride you too hard, just enough to let you know that if you're serious about your ability to function under stress, you'll have to do it under possibly harsh circumstances.

If you want, you and yours can come to one of my Concealed Carry Shoots. It's dark early this time of the year and chilly, so dress appropriately!

http://www.salemhuntingclubofohio.com/c ... yshoot.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
farblue

Post by farblue »

Jake wrote:
Vikefantam wrote:Unfortunately, I don't get out to shoot that often. My husband and I go more often when the weather is warmer. I won't shoot outdoors when it's below 50 degrees. I shiver too much. We try to get out at least once a month during the summer.

Tammy
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy....what are we going to do with you??

I don't know where you live, but here in Ohio it's below 50 degrees often! :wink:

You really need to get out and brave the elements. Chances are if you need to protect yourself, it'll be in the evening. You know...when the sun goes down. I hear it's much cooler then.

Will your shiver keep you from being able to point shoot at a bad guy who may be trying to harm you or your husband?
If so, you better practice getting over it.

I'm not trying to ride you too hard, just enough to let you know that if you're serious about your ability to function under stress, you'll have to do it under possibly harsh circumstances.

If you want, you and yours can come to one of my Concealed Carry Shoots. It's dark early this time of the year and chilly, so dress appropriately!

http://www.salemhuntingclubofohio.com/c ... yshoot.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOL. If I can answer for my dear wife (sorry, honey, the secret's out now) she gets hypothermia if the mercury drops much below 70... But we will try to make at least one of the CC shoots at Salem, now that we know which way to turn on 14...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

farblue wrote: But we will try to make at least one of the CC shoots at Salem, now that we know which way to turn on 14...
Aaaaah
I'm NOT ALONE!!!!!! :oops:
I thought I was the only one to get lost in and around Salem.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
farblue

Post by farblue »

AlanM wrote:
farblue wrote: But we will try to make at least one of the CC shoots at Salem, now that we know which way to turn on 14...
Aaaaah
I'm NOT ALONE!!!!!! :oops:
I thought I was the only one to get lost in and around Salem.
LOL. I felt like an idiot; rather than looking at a map, I wrongly assumed that left and right were synonymous with East and West, respectively. I've been through that intersection of 46/14 in Columbiana literally hundreds of times and never really gave it a thought. At least not until I hit Unity (the town, not the state of mind). What makes it even more horrible is that I've been to Andrews Cycle several times, but always use Rte. 45. That'll teach me to go a different way.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

LOL. If I can answer for my dear wife (sorry, honey, the secret's out now) she gets hypothermia if the mercury drops much below 70... But we will try to make at least one of the CC shoots at Salem, now that we know which way to turn on 14...
Yikes...with the time change it was dark EARLY tonight. However, it was so warm!

My guess...by the next shoot (on the 20th) it'll be just a wee tad cooler.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;