Any Ladies planning on attending the Fun-N- Gun?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Any Ladies planning on attending the Fun-N- Gun?

Post by Jake »

My wife is considering it.

I think she'd feel better with the knowledge that more females are going to be there.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

No I'm not one of the ladies :lol: but just wanted to say that in past years we've had a small percentage of women among the attendees at Fun 'n Gun. They reported learning a bunch, and being made to feel welcome the whole time they were there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Yes, there's always quite a few ladies. Compared to what I see at other gun events, especially shooting events, there are a LOT of women that participate at the FnG.

My wife came two years ago and was very much a newbie. She had only been shooting with me for less than a year and had never even drawn from a holster before. She was somewhat nervous before the weekend due to her inexperience, but had a great time and learned a lot from the instructors that were on hand.

Oh, and she'll be there this year.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I second the unhappy naked one (meanstreaker) - My wife will be there helping out on Sat and Sunday morning (registration, whatever else) and then she will be shooting.

Bring the ladies along - however - the introduction of risk when many of them get together from bailing on us, to ganging up on us in an attempt to reduce our online time, to whatever other lies us guys tell and rely in our wifes either not finding out or just letting us think they don't know and play along.

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

It's nice to hear that there is a growing number of wives/females going.

My wife will likely be more comfy then.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

How many ladies out shot the men? More than us guys would like to admit?
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

My wife will be there, but she plans to do more shopping in Amish country than watching or shooting. :shock:
Factory Certified SIG SAUER Armorer
NRA Certified Instructor: pistol, home firearm safety, RSO

"Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan