Don't forget . . . . -- hang onto waistband in the restroom

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Post by High Power »

Unless it's a 1911 type in a cocked & locked condition (revolver's are ideal for this) you can take it out of the holster before loosing the belt. Then place the handgun on the coat hook by the trigger guard. Don't forget to take it down prior to exiting the stall.

You can also place it on top of the toilet paper holder. This is assuming the holder is large enough and the top is flat enough that it will not fall off.
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

High Power wrote:Unless it's a 1911 type in a cocked & locked condition (revolver's are ideal for this) you can take it out of the holster before loosing the belt. Then place the handgun on the coat hook by the trigger guard. Don't forget to take it down prior to exiting the stall.

<snip>.
That reminds me of this story (dunno if it's true or not):

A guy hung his semi-auto handgun on one of the hooks of the gun rack in the back of his pickup truck while he was attending to some other business outside. After he finished, he got back into the truck and drove off on a bumpy, dirt road, having forgotten about the gun. WELL, the gun went BANG, and that turned it into a spiraling "firework," firing every round in the handgun in a circle throughout the cab of the truck.

No one was hurt.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

{Link expired so here's the full story}

Woman shot when gun falls in commode
Lake City Reporter
October 21, 2002

A Lake City woman was airlifted to Shands Jacksonville on Sunday afternoon, after her gun fell into the commode and shot her in the buttocks, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.

A deputy was called to the Moore Road address shortly after 3 p.m., about a shooting and saw a woman bleeding severely from her left buttock. Emergency medical technicians were on the scene and had the woman airlifted to Jacksonville, reports say.

Reports say the woman had just taken classes on firearm safety and she had a fear of being robbed due to past incidents.

The woman heard something outside her home and reached over the toilet to raise the window and the gun fell into the toilet. The woman was injured when the 9 mm handgun discharged into the commode, reports say.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

I too have been fearful of my handgun falling out of the holster in the restroom. The way I handle it is to put the gun in a pocket while in the stall and then after I am standing up again I put the gun back in the holster. Recently I did find a holster with a strap across the top that keeps the gun in place quite nicely.
Packin' Mom