Mothers, their kids, and guns

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Mothers, their kids, and guns

Post by AlanM »

I was brousing through some old bookmarks today and ran across this website,The Cornered Cat, written by a mother for mothers but as a father I found words of wisdom that applied to me too.
The most dangerous place I ever stood was between a cornered cat and an open door.

This site is about women and guns, not about cats. But in a way, it's about the cornered cat in all of us. It's about the determination to get away from an attacker if you need to. It's about making the decision to say, "Not me. Not mine. Not today." And it's about the tools to make that decision stick.

If you have to fight ...

Fight like a cornered cat.
If you have sons you'll relate to this Childproof ... Isn't. If you only have daughters, as I do, you'll read this and thank your lucky stars.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I found and posted this site a while back...it is a source of some good info.

I think McM posted it to a while ago to.

The lady knows her shtuff!

The ladies of the Forum would be doing themselves a dis service not checking it out.

The men could learn a thing or three too.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;