Help my wife choose

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Meanstreaker, if you & your lady would like to make a trip out some weekend, & let her try the bersa, & a selection of 9mm to see if she likes one over another you are more than welcome.
I'll be happy to provide the 380 ammo if you can bring your own 9mm ammo.
She can try a Sig 226, BHP, Astra A-70, Star BM, Star Super B, might be a couple of others laying about.
No charge, just want to see her get set up right.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Mad Duck, thanks for the offer! PM sent.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Mad duck just out of curiousity do you ever carry the Star BM? If you do what type of holster do you use ?
I've tried IWB (two guns hittin each other don't cut it),Right side with uncle Mike's #15,changed IWB to crossdraw (belly is too big lol
Now using IWB in small of the back.

Carry a Kahr! Carry a Glock! But Carry. Mine is a Mean Star
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

I've never carried the BM, I would think that it would fit in a commander holster, but I really don't know.
My fulltime carry is ether a Browning or FN Highpower, once in a great while I will carry the Astra A-70
I'll check to see what the BM fits & post it here
John
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

I have a Bersa .380 and I recently purchased a Springfield XD service model 9mm. I find that I feel much less recoil with the XD than with the Bersa. For me it is more comfortable to shoot with the XD and the accuracy is amazing.
Have your wife rent several guns to see which ones she is most comfortable with.
Being a woman, I can understand how she might want to keep her nails nice but if they are causing a problem would it be possible for her to wear them a little shorter?
Packin' Mom
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

For the sake of closure I wanted to post that the wife has chosen a FN Hi Power for her first 9mm. She shot it without any discomfort and we just received one from CDNN at a great price.

Many thanks to Mad Duck and his staff for inviting us to their private range in order to have my wife try out various pistols. We really appreciate it! Anyone looking for knowledgeable instructors should strongly consider the folks at Mad Duck Training!
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Many thanks for the kind words.
If you have any questions, just launch me an email, or call
The Duck
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

MeanStreaker wrote:For the sake of closure I wanted to post that the wife has chosen a FN Hi Power for her first 9mm. She shot it without any discomfort and we just received one from CDNN at a great price.

Many thanks to Mad Duck and his staff for inviting us to their private range in order to have my wife try out various pistols. We really appreciate it! Anyone looking for knowledgeable instructors should strongly consider the folks at Mad Duck Training!
The FN Hi-Power is an excellent choice. I dutifully carry my 1911's, but my favorite automatics are my Hi-Powers, both in 9mm and in .40 S&W.

Navridex produces thin grips that make the gun much easier to grasp than the factory grips. They are only available in black or white, and are not as pretty as the box stock, factory walnut jobbies, but they make all the difference in the world for ease of handling. [Be sure to order the "thin" ones, not the "palmswell" ones.]http://tinyurl.com/ae33f

They run about fifty bucks, but are well worth it.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Thanks for the tip, Tom. To be honest, I couldn't have been happier in her choice, as I have been contemplating a Hi Power for myself for the past few months. I've always admired them. I was even a good boy and didn't try to sway her decision, insisting she choose what is most comfortable for her.......

OK, so I did happen to mention, "I hear you'll be trying out a Hi Power. Tell me what you think of that one as I've heard they're a heck of a gun."
What's better than true love?
Answer: A polished blue Hi Power.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

MeanStreaker wrote: What's better than true love?
Answer: A polished blue Hi Power.
If love were a firearm, it would be polished blue Hi-Power.
(If sex were a firearm, it would be an MP5).
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

Okay, call me a pervert, but to me, "BHP love" would be a perfectly applied two tone Parkerizing job. It would have some fancy Spegel stocks, though. Yep, true love to me!

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

tommcnaughton wrote: If love were a firearm, it would be polished blue Hi-Power.
(If sex were a firearm, it would be an MP5).
Uh oh, Mr. Moderator sir, you'd better close this line of thought while you can before someone takes it too far. BTW, does the above statement fall in line with a "spray and pray" technique?