Hi all, newbie here!

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ba1112

Hi all, newbie here!

Post by ba1112 »

Hi everyone, well I was introduced to this forum by my boyfriend. A few months or so ago, I never touched a firearm, wasn't sure how to hold it, what to do with, nothing! I never had an opinion one way or another about gun control and all the political issues associated with it. So a few months ago is when I shot for my first time and that was it, I was hooked! My guy introduced me to his inventory of firearms, taught me about gun safety, how to hold and shoot, and I respected that from the moment I laid my hands on my first piece. Now I am a proud CHL holder, just got my permit this week! We enjoy going to the range together and I get to use his .45 Kimber! I think the instructor for my CHL class was a little surprised that I chose to use that for my test, but after he saw the accuracy that gun delivered through my hands, no more questions!

Still trying to figure out how to put a picture or avatar in here under my name. I'll figure it out...lol.

Just wanted to say hello!
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hello. My dad just helped coach a young woman for her CHL course by taking her to the range a few times. She's a waitress where dad eats, sometimes she has to keep long hours and arrive or leave alone.

Interestingly enough the handgun she shot best with (out of several tried) was a Norinco 1911A1, a firearm much like the Kimber you mentioned. When she selects her own pistol for daily carry it will probably be something smaller and lighter than that 39 oounce Norinco, but perhaps that style of handgun will serve as a home defense gun in her future.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Welcome, My wife did not grow up around guns as i did. So when she found out that i shoot etc, she didnt know what to think. After a little while, she started shooting with me and after her first time she was hooked, I created a monster. She want her own pistol nowm and has picked out a smith and wesson M&P 9mm Compact. (She is getting it for her birthday)!!! Again welcome to the family and shoot safe!!
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
mreising

Post by mreising »

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the sport.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
ba1112

Post by ba1112 »

Hi all, thanks for the welcome and for your comments.

And yes I did manage to figure out the picture/avatar thing too. :)
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity
packin'mom

Re: Hi all, newbie here!

Post by packin'mom »

ba1112 wrote:Hi everyone, well I was introduced to this forum by my boyfriend. A few months or so ago, I never touched a firearm, wasn't sure how to hold it, what to do with, nothing! I never had an opinion one way or another about gun control and all the political issues associated with it. So a few months ago is when I shot for my first time and that was it, I was hooked! My guy introduced me to his inventory of firearms, taught me about gun safety, how to hold and shoot, and I respected that from the moment I laid my hands on my first piece. Now I am a proud CHL holder, just got my permit this week! We enjoy going to the range together and I get to use his .45 Kimber! I think the instructor for my CHL class was a little surprised that I chose to use that for my test, but after he saw the accuracy that gun delivered through my hands, no more questions!

Still trying to figure out how to put a picture or avatar in here under my name. I'll figure it out...lol.

Hi! And welcome. My next gun will be a Kimber! Love them!
Packin' Mom
DWCol

Post by DWCol »

Is there anyone who doesn't shoot more accurately (with less practice) with a 1911? :) Can't beat that crisp, single action trigger pull!

Welcome!
chef dennis
Account Deactivated

Post by chef dennis »

Welcome to the Frey! Enjoy!
Member of:
2A Foundation, NRA, USCCA, RKBA, OFCC, & SCUM

Chef Dennis
SA XD 9 SC
"Carry On"
Redfestiva

Post by Redfestiva »

Hi ba1112,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your CHL. My wife has her CHL too. Happy shooting!
sts47

Post by sts47 »

My wife can't wait to go shoot her Kimber Ultra Carry II that we just got for her.

She's really a great shot with her Colt 38 Detective Special does dime size groups at 25 feet.

Women actually can be better shooters than men. Some don't believe it, but it's a fact. Once you get women shooting, they are awesome! Well, they are awesome anyway!

Welcome!
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
The pen might not be mightier than the sword, but maybe the printing press was heavier than the siege weapon. Just a few words can change everything.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Welcome!

Nice to have another girl around.

Linda
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
ba1112

Post by ba1112 »

[quote="sts47"]My wife can't wait to go shoot her Kimber Ultra Carry II that we just got for her.

OOOOH I WANT ONE OF THESE!! We were looking at them too! I just love this cute, adorable, oh so powerful, strong enough for a man but made for a woman, piece...LOL... Let me know how she likes it!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I just love this cute, adorable, oh so powerful, strong enough for a man but made for a woman, piece
Didn't I see...or was it hear you on a deodorant commercial once?
:wink:

I like that Kimber too. I have the catalog page dog eared on it.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Welcome!
Howdy!
Glad you're here!
Having been departmental instructor back home (back when I was young and skinny ... yes, at one time I was both!) -- I found women easier to teach than men, for the most part.
As a wiser man than I observed, "They have fewer bad habits to unlearn!"
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
ebender1965

Re: Hi all, newbie here!

Post by ebender1965 »

ba1112 wrote:Hi everyone, well I was introduced to this forum by my boyfriend. A few months or so ago, I never touched a firearm, wasn't sure how to hold it, what to do with, nothing! I never had an opinion one way or another about gun control and all the political issues associated with it. So a few months ago is when I shot for my first time and that was it, I was hooked! My guy introduced me to his inventory of firearms, taught me about gun safety, how to hold and shoot, and I respected that from the moment I laid my hands on my first piece. Now I am a proud CHL holder, just got my permit this week! We enjoy going to the range together and I get to use his .45 Kimber! I think the instructor for my CHL class was a little surprised that I chose to use that for my test, but after he saw the accuracy that gun delivered through my hands, no more questions!

Welcome from another NE Ohio resident.

Was your Instructor Mike McKenney of Phoenix Firearms Training Center? I took my CHL class there. He is an excellent instructor who also carries Kimbers by preference.