HELP, I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

And she shoots like shes a pro. My wife came with me to the range for the third time now (I had to make her go the first time), where she shoots an S&W Model 60 357. She shoots 38 loads and with the 3 1/2 inch barrel, theres not much recoil. She FINALLY listened to me as i explained sight picture, and now that she has figured just how well the sights work, she is keeping 3" groups at 25 ft. Now she wants me to buy her a model 60. Kudos to her, she started hunting birds with me this year and shoots sporting clays with me too. but get this, she is 5'2" 110 lbs soaking wet, and shoots a 12 ga over under. She got her first shotgun this past X-mas, a little mossberg 505 youth model, fits her perfectly and she broke 24 out of 25 birds six times. All i can say is WAY TO GO HONEY!!!! (She'll be reading this later) but to say the least i am really glad that my wife is now a gun nut like me. (To the horror of some of our friends) a comment was made that "I hope she doesnt shoot as bad as she drives!!" ha ha anyhow, encourage your ladies to come to the range, you as well as them just might be pleasantly surprised
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
standerson

Post by standerson »

We've been married for 19 years. About 18 months ago, I finally got her to the range.

We started with a Ruger Mark I. After several trips, she decided to move up in caliber. She shot my handguns and decided the grips were too large.

She decided she needed her own handgun. After renting just about everything the range had to offer, she settled on a Springfield Armory Sub Compact 9mm. She also got her CHL and carried it. About 6 months ago, she decided to step it up a notch. She got a Sig 239SAS (.40). She now alternates both.

She also wanted a shotgun and found a Mossberg Maverick with an adjustable stock, 18" barrel and pistolgrip forend. She got that.

Now she wants a Kahr CW9. We'll be ordering it in the next couple of weeks.

I like the monster.
D_Fence

Post by D_Fence »

standerson wrote:
Now she wants a Kahr CW9. We'll be ordering it in the next couple of weeks.
I've been considering the CW9, too. For what it's worth, Vance's in Columbus has them advertised for 399.

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/documents/flyer/flyer.pdf
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

Same here, I haven't been able to shoot my G19 at the range ever since my girlfriend found out how well she can shoot it!
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
doc832

We need more monsters, Safe ones

Post by doc832 »

Well I have been a gun owner and user now for 30 yrs. I only require that people I have in my home know Gun safety. So when I started dating my Girl I told her " If you see a gun its loaded, whether it is or not!" " Dont assume, KNOW!"
She had a grasp on that and respected that. However, her friend has been talking about getting her permit and she and i went shooting after I gave her several lessons at home about gun handling and care. Shooting techniques and postions. NOW she is punching holes in a plate at 60 ft like its nothing with a Kimber Custom Pro 45. She is taking her CHL course this wk end 6/23/07. She has a stalker who broke in her home and she felt defenseless and very much alone. Those days are past. I am so proud of her.
Encourage your woman and daughters to do the same. It makes you sleep better.
Doc
Defense is a human right and a skill the strong maintain. Strength does not come from muscle or size, its a matter of personality. Every Free man should understand why He is free.
BEs-C9

Post by BEs-C9 »

good work! i took my girlfriend to the range a couple weeks ago...and shes hooked.
newly_calibrated

Post by newly_calibrated »

hi there. i am new here. my long time friend and former bf took me to the range this past weekend. it was my first time. i am hooked! i'm signing up for my CCW class within the week. i cannot tell you the peace of mind i have now that i don't have to play victim anymore.
Kind regards,
P.
babyhuey

Post by babyhuey »

I can't for the life of me talk my girlfriend into going to the range with me. She thinks all guns are bad and hates them. No matter what I say to her, there is no reasoning.

She really hates when I carry my gun but she just deals with it now.
What did you guys do to get your significant others to the range when they are so closed minded?
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

My daughter likes to shoot. She found a local "buddy" (she doesn't live here anymore) to hit the range with.... Dunno about a CHL, though.

The wife's just not interested. She tolerates the bulge on my belt, and would barely dare to try to stop me from "range night", but that's about it. I have managed to get her onto a range a couple times, though. Someday.... We've only been married for 32 years....

(newly: Welcome aboard. All of the "defense" stuff aside, we hope you enjoy it as a hobby, too. Regular visits to the gun shop and the range can be a great deal of fun.)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

hi there. i am new here. my long time friend and former bf took me to the range this past weekend. it was my first time. i am hooked! i'm signing up for my CCW class within the week. i cannot tell you the peace of mind i have now that i don't have to play victim anymore.
Welcome aboard.

What do you shoot?
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ba1112

Post by ba1112 »

newly_calibrated wrote:hi there. i am new here. my long time friend and former bf took me to the range this past weekend. it was my first time. i am hooked! i'm signing up for my CCW class within the week. i cannot tell you the peace of mind i have now that i don't have to play victim anymore.
Did you take your class and how did it go? I took my class back in June. There were 7 people in the class and 5 of which were women. It's reassuring to know that more women are comfortable with shooting, keeps us safe. And we enjoy range time as well. I sure do!
A true testament to one's character is the way they conduct themselves in the face of adversity
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Excellent! Thank you, ladies. You are an encouragement to us all. :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Uller

Wife upstages.

Post by Uller »

My wife gets better groupings than I do at the range.

That's groupings not gropings to all you comedians out there, sheesh.

Actually the spending quality time at the range thingie works out well for us!
"The avalanche has already begun, it is too late for the pebbles to vote". - Kosh Naranek
weakhand luke

Re: Wife upstages.

Post by weakhand luke »

Uller wrote:My wife gets better groupings than I do at the range.

That's groupings not gropings to all you comedians out there, sheesh.

Actually the spending quality time at the range thingie works out well for us!

Great activity for a little peace and quiet away from the kids...
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

I used to be totally against guns....until the first time I went to the range. I was hooked with the first round I fired. Now I have 3 handguns and my CCW! :D Don't give up on the ladies....we eventually come around!
Packin' Mom