HELP, I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Penske

Re: HELP, I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

Post by Penske »

Now this is Funny I thought I was the only person with this problem. Met my wife 8 years ago she had never held a firearm in her life taught her saftey around guns becuase I owned a few shotguns back then Took her shooting first time out she put more dead on then us guys thought no way beginers luck next time same thing now we dont let her come with us ! :lol:
~Penske~
Molon Labe
Straightshooter629

Post by Straightshooter629 »

My wife is slowly changing her outlook. When we first started seeing each other, she was terrified of firearms. She would cringe anytime I pulled one out. At least now, she dosen't feel the need to leave the room whenever I have one out. I hold a concealed carry permit in the State of Ohio and I carry everyday, so she has had to get use to the idea of always having a gun around. I've even bought her a .22 revolver on the hope that one day, she'll join me at the range. Wish me luck!
Proud grandfather - NRAmember
doc832

Post by doc832 »

You need to find other women that shoot to spend some time with her and remove the MAN image she has of guns. My girl talks to women all the time and they say " Really, you shoot a gun? You carry a gun? You go to the range?" So its a matter of environment and opportunity.
After my girl came back from being at Front Sight in Nevada she is even more expressive about her shooting.
SO watch out when things change.
Blessings
Doc832
Defense is a human right and a skill the strong maintain. Strength does not come from muscle or size, its a matter of personality. Every Free man should understand why He is free.
Straightshooter629

Post by Straightshooter629 »

I've helped to create another monster. I managed to talk my wife into going to the range yesterday. After getting over the initial fear of the "pop", she settled down. She started out with a .22 revolver that I bought just for her, and then worked her way to my .357 w/.38 special rounds. She was still a bit intimidated by the XD40. After a bit, she was loading and unloading by herself and at the end of the session, she asked "when were we comimg back?" It was really worth the effort. It's one more thing we can enjoy together.
Proud grandfather - NRAmember
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Thats fantastic!!!maybe she would like to try out my wifes M&P 9c.
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

Hey, as long as the monsters are good cooks, go for it. :lol:

Flameproof suit and full face helmet with Nomex gloves are on.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Barefoot, Pregnant, in the kitchen with a pistol on her hip.............. :shock: Uh-OOOOOHHHHHHH. Ha Ha Ha!!!
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!