Missed it by that much.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Missed it by that much.

Postby CombatShotgunner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 am

Last night I stopped at Denny’s on the way home from work. There was a group of seven intoxicated bikers being stupid. There was also a mixed race couple in there eating. It’s part of the story. The bikers were all black and wearing some kind of patches. I ate, I was in a crappy mood so I ended up going home. I turned on the scanner when I got home which wasn’t even ten minutes. Call came across the scanner for a fight in the parking lot of Denny’s with a group of bikers and a guy. There are also guns. Cops respond quickly. The guy that was alone was part of the mixed race couple and the bikers started with him. He pulled off his shirt and showed his gun. He said he was Heartless Felon. The bikers said they didn’t care and pulled a gun. My friend works there and she was trying to diffuse the situation by getting HF to leave. Cops got there, the HF guy was gone. The one biker had a CCW permit but no gun. Another biker had a gun and no permit. He got in trouble for no permit but said he was holding it for the drunk ccw holder. Here’s where this is what I want to know. If you were there and the guy pulled the weapon what would you have done? I’m glad I was gone so I didn’t have to deal with that. I don’t know if I would have went inside and said screw them even though my friend was involved or if I would have tried to take the one with the gun out. Let me know.
CombatShotgunner
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:14 pm
Location: Mayfield

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby findlayref19 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 am

I go back inside, finish my breakfast and let LEO figure it out. Unless I fear for my life, or serious bodily harm, I don't try to figure out who's in the right, or wrong. If LEO asks I will give my version of the incident.
Sometimes your the bug, Sometimes your the windshield!
User avatar
findlayref19
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby M-Quigley » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm

If it was me I would put as much distance between myself and the situation as possible, let the police handle it.

Image
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby Brian D. » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:34 pm

When I had a night time side job, if getting food at a restaurant was necessary, I tried to pick a place that was frequented by third shift cops. Or at least cabbies, because they had police channels on their radios, and knew some precinct phone numbers the general public didn't.

Big as the Cincinnati area is, there weren't many such diners. But driving a little further was worth it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14784
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby jeep45238 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

I keep my nose in my business- I can’t afford to get hurt, killed, or fight an ensuing legal battle or other social consequences for anybody but me and mine.
Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.
User avatar
jeep45238
 
Posts: 5586
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:29 am
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby deanimator » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:02 am

I'm not getting involved in other people's business, absent a national security tie-in.

Somebody screeching "Allahu akhbar!" while knifing/shooting people? I'm your huckleberry.

Scooter trash in a richard waving contest? Not a chance.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
User avatar
deanimator
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: Rocky River

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby BuckJM53 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:17 pm

No way in the world I would intentionally involve myself in the scenario you layed out. I strictly carry for my well being (and that of my wife) and make no apologies for it. Fools of the nature described in the story must answer for their own actions/stupidity :roll:
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
User avatar
BuckJM53
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby The German » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Retreat. Best option if possible.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
info@primercatcher.com
www.primercatcher.com
User avatar
The German
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:39 pm
Location: West Chester, Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby carmen fovozzo » Tue May 01, 2018 7:07 am

Run away.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 18308
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am
Location: NEO

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby steves 50de » Tue May 01, 2018 6:35 pm

CombatShotgunner wrote:Last night I stopped at Denny’s on the way home from work. There was a group of seven intoxicated bikers being stupid. There was also a mixed race couple in there eating. It’s part of the story. The bikers were all black and wearing some kind of patches. I ate, I was in a crappy mood so I ended up going home. I turned on the scanner when I got home which wasn’t even ten minutes. Call came across the scanner for a fight in the parking lot of Denny’s with a group of bikers and a guy. There are also guns. Cops respond quickly. The guy that was alone was part of the mixed race couple and the bikers started with him. He pulled off his shirt and showed his gun. He said he was Heartless Felon. The bikers said they didn’t care and pulled a gun. My friend works there and she was trying to diffuse the situation by getting HF to leave. Cops got there, the HF guy was gone. The one biker had a CCW permit but no gun. Another biker had a gun and no permit. He got in trouble for no permit but said he was holding it for the drunk ccw holder. Here’s where this is what I want to know. If you were there and the guy pulled the weapon what would you have done? I’m glad I was gone so I didn’t have to deal with that. I don’t know if I would have went inside and said screw them even though my friend was involved or if I would have tried to take the one with the gun out. Let me know.



At our fun and gun this weekend the force on force stage i walk in to a store to buy a cup of coffee.
I hear a women yelling at a guy as she is standing by the counter.
I can't make out what she is saying. I see her draw i draw and shot her. :oops:
Well she turned out to be the store clerk,... she was yelling call 911. If this was real life event i would be charged with man slaughter. Sorry Linda :cry:

This go's back to the op question of what he should have done if he was still there and see's the guy draw a gun. I thought the clerk was the bad guy because i could not hear what she was yelling. I seen the gun come out and i shot her.
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: n.e. ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby dustymedic » Tue May 01, 2018 7:57 pm

The German wrote:Retreat. Best option if possible.



Agree, and what current laws says you should try and do....
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
User avatar
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:21 pm
Location: Just east of Columbus....

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby Jake » Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm

steves 50de wrote:
CombatShotgunner wrote:Last night I stopped at Denny’s on the way home from work. There was a group of seven intoxicated bikers being stupid. There was also a mixed race couple in there eating. It’s part of the story. The bikers were all black and wearing some kind of patches. I ate, I was in a crappy mood so I ended up going home. I turned on the scanner when I got home which wasn’t even ten minutes. Call came across the scanner for a fight in the parking lot of Denny’s with a group of bikers and a guy. There are also guns. Cops respond quickly. The guy that was alone was part of the mixed race couple and the bikers started with him. He pulled off his shirt and showed his gun. He said he was Heartless Felon. The bikers said they didn’t care and pulled a gun. My friend works there and she was trying to diffuse the situation by getting HF to leave. Cops got there, the HF guy was gone. The one biker had a CCW permit but no gun. Another biker had a gun and no permit. He got in trouble for no permit but said he was holding it for the drunk ccw holder. Here’s where this is what I want to know. If you were there and the guy pulled the weapon what would you have done? I’m glad I was gone so I didn’t have to deal with that. I don’t know if I would have went inside and said screw them even though my friend was involved or if I would have tried to take the one with the gun out. Let me know.



At our fun and gun this weekend the force on force stage i walk in to a store to buy a cup of coffee.
I hear a women yelling at a guy as she is standing by the counter.
I can't make out what she is saying. I see her draw i draw and shot her. :oops:
Well she turned out to be the store clerk,... she was yelling call 911. If this was real life event i would be charged with man slaughter. Sorry Linda :cry:

This go's back to the op question of what he should have done if he was still there and see's the guy draw a gun. I thought the clerk was the bad guy because i could not hear what she was yelling. I seen the gun come out and i shot her.


I'm hopeful that some of our Force on Force (FOF) scenarios are lessons retained down the road.

When I teach my CHL classes, I tell students at test time; You can miss all the test questions regarding the use of deadly force that are on the test and still pass the written test.
Miss a single one of those questions in the game of life on the streets...you're toast. I won't be visiting you in the slammer.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.


http://www.salemhuntingclub.com
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx
User avatar
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:04 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby steves 50de » Thu May 03, 2018 10:10 am

Jake wrote:
steves 50de wrote:
CombatShotgunner wrote:Last night I stopped at Denny’s on the way home from work. There was a group of seven intoxicated bikers being stupid. There was also a mixed race couple in there eating. It’s part of the story. The bikers were all black and wearing some kind of patches. I ate, I was in a crappy mood so I ended up going home. I turned on the scanner when I got home which wasn’t even ten minutes. Call came across the scanner for a fight in the parking lot of Denny’s with a group of bikers and a guy. There are also guns. Cops respond quickly. The guy that was alone was part of the mixed race couple and the bikers started with him. He pulled off his shirt and showed his gun. He said he was Heartless Felon. The bikers said they didn’t care and pulled a gun. My friend works there and she was trying to diffuse the situation by getting HF to leave. Cops got there, the HF guy was gone. The one biker had a CCW permit but no gun. Another biker had a gun and no permit. He got in trouble for no permit but said he was holding it for the drunk ccw holder. Here’s where this is what I want to know. If you were there and the guy pulled the weapon what would you have done? I’m glad I was gone so I didn’t have to deal with that. I don’t know if I would have went inside and said screw them even though my friend was involved or if I would have tried to take the one with the gun out. Let me know.



At our fun and gun this weekend the force on force stage i walk in to a store to buy a cup of coffee.
I hear a women yelling at a guy as she is standing by the counter.
I can't make out what she is saying. I see her draw i draw and shot her. :oops:
Well she turned out to be the store clerk,... she was yelling call 911. If this was real life event i would be charged with man slaughter. Sorry Linda :cry:

This go's back to the op question of what he should have done if he was still there and see's the guy draw a gun. I thought the clerk was the bad guy because i could not hear what she was yelling. I seen the gun come out and i shot her.


I'm hopeful that some of our Force on Force (FOF) scenarios are lessons retained down the road.

When I teach my CHL classes, I tell students at test time; You can miss all the test questions regarding the use of deadly force that are on the test and still pass the written test.
Miss a single one of those questions in the game of life on the streets...you're toast. I won't be visiting you in the slammer.

To be honest i think you shot her first Jake. :wink: but i would visit you in the slammer.
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: n.e. ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby Jake » Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Well duh... I was playing a bad guy. I have no regard for my actions or the consequences of said actions.

I live on the streets. Me and my homies sit around getting wasted and talk about how much crack our kids had in their systems when they were born.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.


http://www.salemhuntingclub.com
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx
User avatar
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:04 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: Missed it by that much.

Postby Jake » Thu May 03, 2018 7:15 pm

On the other hand Steve, you just lost your freedom. You lost getting to be with your family everyday. You lost all the cool stuff you've got. I don't think they'll let you on the forums from jail, but I may be wrong.

As the Dirtbag who shot Linda, once you get to prison, I'll probably make you buy me commissary.

:lol:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.


http://www.salemhuntingclub.com
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx
User avatar
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:04 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Next

Return to Real Life Encounters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests