Cols LEO stomps on handcuffed suspect-fired-reinstated

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Cols LEO stomps on handcuffed suspect-fired-reinstated

Post by docachna »

Not trying to pile on, but I've seen the video, and this is just flat-azz wrong. Guy oughta be flipping burgers.

http://nbc4i.com/2018/03/05/cpd-officer ... einstated/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Cygnus

Re: Cols LEO stomps on handcuffed suspect-fired-reinstated

Post by Cygnus »

the majority of leo's out on the streets should be in jail.
livewire

Post by livewire »

I disagree with both of you,law enforcement has a tough job protecting the law abiding citizens from these thugs. I support them and respect them for putting their lives on the line to protect us from these want to be Thugs. God Bless and keep them safe.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

No, he should be in jail. Same with that woman in the Dayton PD who was on film pepper spraying a restrained prisoner.

Once the suspect is cuffed and restrained, further actions like this should be considered assault, plain and simple.
docachna wrote:Not trying to pile on, but I've seen the video, and this is just flat-azz wrong. Guy oughta be flipping burgers.

http://nbc4i.com/2018/03/05/cpd-officer ... einstated/
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And if they can not handle it and remain professional and civilized then they need to find a new line of work.
livewire wrote:I disagree with both of you,law enforcement has a tough job protecting the law abiding citizens from these thugs. I support them and respect them for putting their lives on the line to protect us from these want to be Thugs. God Bless and keep them safe.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

livewire wrote:I disagree with both of you,law enforcement has a tough job protecting the law abiding citizens from these thugs. I support them and respect them for putting their lives on the line to protect us from these want to be Thugs. God Bless and keep them safe.
Are you referring to this particular story, or do you support whatever a law enforcement officer does in general regardless of the individual circumstances?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WY_Not wrote:No, he should be in jail. Same with that woman in the Dayton PD who was on film pepper spraying a restrained prisoner.
I have no comment at this time on the OP story, but regarding the pepper spray incident, something that people tend to forget is that some other deputies thought it was wrong also, and allegedly tried to go to management to do something internally. It was only after they allegedly thought that nothing was going to be done about it that they went to the press. It's not a matter of either supporting law enforcement or not, good cops don't want to see bad cops doing the job either.
livewire

Post by livewire »

To answer M Quigley's question,I do not support any Law Enforcement Officer who does not perform their duties in a professional manner with respect to the Civil Rights of all individuals. This is why I rarely respond to on line forums and also I can't Type very good. I am a 74year old retired Journeyman Lineman(American Electric Power) and a U.S. Army veteran,I realize that there are always some rotten apples in every profession. I worked with some Linemen( hazardous profession) that did not follow safe work procedures and I watched my back when working with them. The incident in Columbus as usual had a lot of facts left out,like the thug had a gun or was suspected to have already shot up a house. Also as he was being taken into custody(first time) he elbowed. an officer in the mouth and ran.So this was the second attempt to take him into custody as he was thought to have a gun in his waistband,also the officer self reported to his Supervisor his actions. I am done ,will never post on any forum again. People always want to turn your words around and question your integirity
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

livewire wrote:To answer M Quigley's question,I do not support any Law Enforcement Officer who does not perform their duties in a professional manner with respect to the Civil Rights of all individuals. This is why I rarely respond to on line forums and also I can't Type very good. I am a 74year old retired Journeyman Lineman(American Electric Power) and a U.S. Army veteran,I realize that there are always some rotten apples in every profession. I worked with some Linemen( hazardous profession) that did not follow safe work procedures and I watched my back when working with them. The incident in Columbus as usual had a lot of facts left out,like the thug had a gun or was suspected to have already shot up a house. Also as he was being taken into custody(first time) he elbowed. an officer in the mouth and ran.So this was the second attempt to take him into custody as he was thought to have a gun in his waistband,also the officer self reported to his Supervisor his actions. I am done ,will never post on any forum again. People always want to turn your words around and question your integirity
livewire, this is a discussion, same as in real life. As a lineman, I assume you needed to have nerves of steel (or something strong that doesn't conduct electricity :) ) so I know you can take a lot. Don't let a disagreement stop you from posting. I don't know if you have been lurking a while before chiming in, but I can tell you, talking about police officers has generated the most arguments/disagreements on this forum. And some of the threads were really bad arguments. It's a touchy subject. Stick around, and join in.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

A few bad gun owners should not reflect on the majority of gun owners....same goes for the police...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

livewire wrote:To answer M Quigley's question,I do not support any Law Enforcement Officer who does not perform their duties in a professional manner with respect to the Civil Rights of all individuals. This is why I rarely respond to on line forums and also I can't Type very good. I am a 74year old retired Journeyman Lineman(American Electric Power) and a U.S. Army veteran,I realize that there are always some rotten apples in every profession. I worked with some Linemen( hazardous profession) that did not follow safe work procedures and I watched my back when working with them. The incident in Columbus as usual had a lot of facts left out,like the thug had a gun or was suspected to have already shot up a house. Also as he was being taken into custody(first time) he elbowed. an officer in the mouth and ran.So this was the second attempt to take him into custody as he was thought to have a gun in his waistband,also the officer self reported to his Supervisor his actions. I am done ,will never post on any forum again. People always want to turn your words around and question your integirity
If by "People" you are referring to me, I'm sorry if you got that impression by my question. I was not trying to turn your words around or question your integrity, only asking for clarification. I don't type so good myself sometimes, and sometimes not able to make the point I'm trying to make clear. If anyone is confused as to what I mean when I say something I'd glad to have the opportunity to clarify it. I agree with you in general when you said "law enforcement has a tough job" and "I support them and respect them for putting their lives on the line."

There are some people out there who either think that everything a cop does is right, simply because they are doing it to alleged criminals, or other people who think all cops are wrong or do illegal things. Sometimes you don't need a clarification of a posting, because it's obvious as to how they feel or what they mean.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

How'd that work out with the Broward County Sheriff's Department?
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.