Interaction with LEOs

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Interaction with LEOs

Post by sd790 »

But if you have a CHL and are lawfully carrying concealed, you MUST provide ID and your CHL, otherwise you are guilty of carrying concealed weapons.
2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.(C)(2) Division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to any person who, at the time of the alleged carrying or possession of a handgun, either is carrying a valid concealed handgun license or is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States and is carrying a valid military identification card and documentation of successful completion of firearms training that meets or exceeds the training requirements described in...
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

sd790 wrote:But if you have a CHL and are lawfully carrying concealed, you MUST provide ID and your CHL, otherwise you are guilty of carrying concealed weapons.
2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.(C)(2) Division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to any person who, at the time of the alleged carrying or possession of a handgun, either is carrying a valid concealed handgun license or is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States and is carrying a valid military identification card and documentation of successful completion of firearms training that meets or exceeds the training requirements described in...

That part's pretty much a given. We're all talking about the extremely rare times we are without said concealed handgun or are open carrying and intentionally going without ID.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MrMagoo wrote:I'd like to hear from people who have had interaction with law enforcement where your identification has not immediately been asked for when the encounter started, and your experiences at these times (how long did it take before your driver license or ID was asked for). It doesn't make any difference if you were armed or not at the time. The reason for asking this is that for years we have been hearing notification is for officer safety. Substute HB 142 changes "promptly notify" to notification when driver license or ID is asked for. If officer safety is such a concern for notification, are there times when an LEO will interact with an individual for a period of time before askiing for a driver license or ID? If so, this shoots holes in the LE argument that notification is for officer safety. I am attempting to get a meeting with the bill sponsor to discuss this and would like some hard facts to back me up. Thank you, Gary
I thought that about two months in with this thread, we ought to remind everyone what its original intent is by quoting the first post. Topics tend to drift.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.