Do you know anyone who has been shot?

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Do you know anyone who has been shot?

Post by Sevens »

Nah, I'm talking about a local guy. I don't know that I have ever seen him engage in any conversation on our pages but his classes are posted, or at least they have been in the past.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Ah, my mistake. :oops: I didn't know there was another who fit the description! :shock:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Now with the GWOT I don't doubt the 44% stat.

I know 5 people who have been shot

1 family member suicide by gun
1 friend suicide by gun
2 FASTER teachers, one before attending, one after attending
1 Instructor (Cerino who was mentioned earlier)

I also know one instructor who had one student shot in his class.

JLE
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Oh, the last post reminded me.
My elder brother was in extreme pain and had less than 90 days left, if that.
He ate a bullet from his lady friend's service .38 spl. (She was an ex-cop.)
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I know a few people who have been shot. However I consider that to be a meaningless statistic. The closest town to me has about 1400 people in it and most of the peopel grew up there. If one person was shot, at least 1000 of them could claim to know someone who had been shot.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

If knowing anyone who has been shot includes suicide I do, a friend shot himself Friday.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Bob, Buster and Fletch blew their brains out. 2 were close friends and one was a close cousin who used a shotgun to do the job.. His sis found him in her basement and is still a mess 40 years later.
Mike was shot twice in Nam and lost a leg. Was a great man and warrior. He died a couple years ago from alcohol trying to forget the fun he had in Nam. I know or knew more but Mike and I were pretty close.
Ben and Dan were brothers.. Both were shot at almost the same time by an acquaintance while they were hunting groundhogs. One in the head and one in the lungs. The lung shot killed fast but the head shot recipient lived a day. Been a long time ago.... No one was prosecuted... Guess it is who you know.
I have had two pistols drawn on me in years past but was able to talk my out of dying or bleeding a lot. Long time ago.............

Funny but a knife scares me more than a gun.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Back in school.....it would have been the '82-'83 school year, there was a accidental shooting at the school I attended in my junior year.
A student made a pen gun and brought it to school, (R.G. Drage, in Massillon, Ohio), and was showing it off to another student in one of the hallways and it fired, killing another student,(senior at the time).
I remember hearing the shot. The student that died was in my class....he was a good kid.

I tried to find info on it but couldn't find anything on line about it....I have a newspaper article on it somewhere.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

If knowing someone who shot himself qualifies, then I do. If not, and you must know someone who was shot by someone else outside of military service I don't know if I do or not...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Gramps wrote:Funny but a knife scares me more than a gun.
It depends on the circumstances, since a knife is a contact weapon, and a gun is not. I once interfered with a crazy person attempting to stab me by using a chair, which wouldn't have worked if the weapon had been a gun. Also I had a guy pull a knife out of his pocket and thrust it at me from 4 ft away. He was on the outside of a Taco Bell, and I was on the inside. It was scary looking, but not a deadly threat to me at that moment. Had their not been that glass between us, I would've had to defend myself.

The whole premise of the question (do you know of someone) is irreverent anyway, except maybe for the people to whom it's a close friend or family member. I know people who have been injured or killed in car accidents. It has almost the same level of relevancy. Crime and suicides have been going on long before the gun was invented. Japan allegedly has a high suicide rate, but not with guns. Probably the one difference between before guns versus after guns is possibly accidental injury or death from children or ignorant adults. That is something that is preventable by responsible adults. Many of the accidental child shootings you hear about in the news are inner city kids finding guns hidden by criminals.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I got hit with shrapnel in my right knee at Fun 'n Gun the last time it was at TDI hard enough that it still hurts every now and then. Does that count? If so, you probably know somebody who has been shot.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ I'll need to double my count and add myself to it, if we're counting bounce-backs from the backstop or steel.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

If you're counting bounce backs, then I shot another guy two lanes down from me in the shin.
I carried around in my pocket the 230 grain FMJ slug that hit him for quite a few years.
Happened an indoor club range in Akron about 15 years ago.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
heathen

Post by heathen »

My wife's oldest brother was shot and killed by a bunch of young adults playing with an "unloaded" gun. A guy I work with shot himself in the foot with a 12 gauge. Lucky he had steel toed boots which took much of the blast.
rottman43055

Post by rottman43055 »

A life long friend was shot & killed.

My uncle was shot & killed.

I've met several people over the years who have been shot & survived. The craziest was a guy who'd been blasted with a shotgun and had the pellet marks all over his upper body & arm and another guy who had been shot thru the face as a kid by an adult.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson