brookpark

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ring

brookpark

Post by Ring »

pulled over by a trafic cop on snow rd.
didnt have my gun with me..
didnt tell him i was a ccw..

when dispatch called him back with my info, he asked if i was carrying today, i told him no.

he said have a nice day and slow down..

:D
johnvid

Post by johnvid »

I've been told a few times that an officer likes to be informed that you are a CCW license holder, even if you are not carrying at the time. Might be a good practice to get in to. I've not been stopped myself, but some family membes have.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by informing an officer you have a CHL when you are not carrying.

I hear people say, "it's none of the LEO's business" or "I don't have to, so I won't." Well, guess what? The officer doesn't have to give you a citation for whatever reason you are stopped, either. Anything I can do to try to get on his/her good side, I'm going to do! (Well, not anything, but you get the idea).
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I'll agree with Dan....

You really don't want to give the guy an incentive to search your car to see if you were telling the truth if he's an anti....

I'm not a big believer in "he'll plant something", but if you've got teenagers, Lord knows what their friends might leave in your car....

There's nothing really wrong with doing the whole drill to make the Officer comfortable. It's not like they've asked you to hop on one foot naked or something equally silly. (Although I can think of a few people who would have liked to put that in HB12.)

I told an airport screener about ten years ago to "satisfy yourself" when he couldn't figure out why the damn wand kept beeping. I always forget something, and in that case I forgot a steel ring on a necklace I was wearing. Long story, but cheaper than gold.... Kid looked at me like "what?" until a brain cell kicked in: "He means 'go ahead and do my job'."

Besides, it drives 'em nuts when you're nice....
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם