LEO contact with CHL

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: LEO contact with CHL

Post by deanimator »

Notasmiff wrote:That's the way I understand it. Inform ASAP and like any other LEO encounter,FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS !!!
And you'll have no issues. 8)
You're LESS likely to have "issues". It's no guarantee.
  1. Obey the law.
  2. Avoid people who don't obey the law, as well as the places where they congregate.
  3. If stopped WHILE CARRYING, notify "promptly". Shout over the cop if you have to. You may be prosecuted if you obey his unlawful order to remain silent. If NOT carrying, there is NO legal duty to notify.
  4. Carry and use an audio recording device of some kind.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Face wrote:
Cloudwraith wrote:I actually moved my wallet to my front left pocket. Not only does it stop from having to reach around my firearm to get it, but it is more ergonomic on my back (not sitting on it all day) AND it deters pick pockets...
I'll second this - a salesman with tons of driving time recommended it years ago. Supposed to be a common cause of back issues.
My lumbar issues certainly calmed down a ton once I stopped carrying my wallet in my left hip pocket. YMMV.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

docachna wrote:
Face wrote:
Cloudwraith wrote:I actually moved my wallet to my front left pocket. Not only does it stop from having to reach around my firearm to get it, but it is more ergonomic on my back (not sitting on it all day) AND it deters pick pockets...
I'll second this - a salesman with tons of driving time recommended it years ago. Supposed to be a common cause of back issues.
My lumbar issues certainly calmed down a ton once I stopped carrying my wallet in my left hip pocket. YMMV.
All you overpaid guys with tons of money in your pockets. :roll: I'm just a poor teacher. And I don't make much money, either. :wink:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Mine balances out - wallet left-cheek, EDC IFAK/boo-boo kit right-cheek.

This gets the wallet, with my IDs, away from my gun side (right side), and places the stuff to patch holes on the same side that makes holes. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/prod ... wAodBaAHCg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Cruiser wrote:My "papers" stay deep in my wallet in my back pocket! I refuse to live my life being prepared to show my "papers" at a moments notice.
That's the way I roll! Sitting there with your "papers" in your hand, ready to hand them over, reeks of "Looks like you caught me red-handed, officer".
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

If they're going to waste your time over something petty, might as well waste as much as possible. Every minute they are fleecing you is a minute they are not fleecing additional people. Then take it the next step further, take the ticket to court and drag that out as long as possible.
CroManGun wrote:
Cruiser wrote:My "papers" stay deep in my wallet in my back pocket! I refuse to live my life being prepared to show my "papers" at a moments notice.
That's the way I roll! Sitting there with your "papers" in your hand, ready to hand them over, reeks of "Looks like you caught me red-handed, officer".
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.