Shots fired outside. 4/23/17

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TS04

Re: Shots fired outside. 4/23/17

Post by TS04 »

dingode wrote:Here in Toledo, we play the "was that fireworks or gun shots" game almost nightly. Most the time it's gun shots.
We had a neighbor that occasionally shot off large air burst rockets. No streamers, or colors, just "psshhttt.....BOOM! Enough to rattle windows a half mile away.
TS04

Re: Shots fired outside. 4/23/17

Post by TS04 »

muxtech wrote:Update. So I went down to the local PD this evening to follow up. I had a printout on the house from the auditor's website, and the relevant video burned to a thumb drive, along with contact info. I was hoping to talk to a detective. None were available at that time. I spoke with an officer for 15-20 minutes. He will hopefully give my packet to a detective who will look it over and get back to me. We discussed several avenues of action that could be pursued in relation to the problem.

So we'll see what happens. I just Imagine what would happen to me if I walked down the street shooting 4 times. There'd be an MRAP on my front porch.

I still have a few cards to play. The bad guy house is surrounded by quite a few GG houses. My family has lived in Lorain since the 1950's. We know people.
The home's insurer would be very interested in what is going on at that house. If the insurance gets canceled, it is probably in violation of the Section 8 housing program. The landlord would thus be forced to evict the tenant. I don't know for sure it is Section 8 but it sounds like it. I do not know how one finds out who the insurer is.