Valdosta Georgia State Trooper

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Wiz458

Valdosta Georgia State Trooper

Post by Wiz458 »

So, the wife and I were returning from vacation in Florida and stayed the night in Valdosta, GA. Sunday AM we are back on I75 northbound when there is a loud thump under the hood and I loose power steering, so I pull off on the side. Water pump failed and took out the serpentine belt, coolant pouring out. We have gone a whole 13 miles and it is 7:30 in the AM. Call for a tow and wait. About 1/2 hour later GA trooper pulls in behind me. He walks up to my window and starts to ask if we are OK, I interrupt him and say "First of all, I have my CFL and I do not remember if I need to notify in Georgia." His response was "No, but we appreciate it when you do." The rest goes as you would expect, everybody is OK, Tow truck is on the way, just checking ... Then the best part, as he is leaving, he says "Be safe, well you have your concealed carry so I know you will be safe."
Wiz
M-Quigley

Re: Valdosta Georgia State Trooper

Post by M-Quigley »

Wiz458 wrote:So, the wife and I were returning from vacation in Florida and stayed the night in Valdosta, GA. Sunday AM we are back on I75 northbound when there is a loud thump under the hood and I loose power steering, so I pull off on the side. Water pump failed and took out the serpentine belt, coolant pouring out. We have gone a whole 13 miles and it is 7:30 in the AM. Call for a tow and wait. About 1/2 hour later GA trooper pulls in behind me. He walks up to my window and starts to ask if we are OK, I interrupt him and say "First of all, I have my CFL and I do not remember if I need to notify in Georgia." His response was "No, but we appreciate it when you do." The rest goes as you would expect, everybody is OK, Tow truck is on the way, just checking ... Then the best part, as he is leaving, he says "Be safe, well you have your concealed carry so I know you will be safe."
Safe from the criminal element anyway. Statistically the greatest danger from being broke down on the side of the road is bad drivers. Your vehicle could be eight feet from the edge of the road, hazard flashers on, triangles out, and still get hit sometimes by some people, even in broad daylight on a clear day. :( Anyway, too bad about your vehicle, it's good you had a good encounter with the trooper.