WEBN fireworks

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ats3196

WEBN fireworks

Post by Ats3196 »

Idk if this should be in this section or the news section. But right after the fireworks ended last night, about 940pm. Shots rang out about 10ft away from me. Crowd goes crazy running each and every way, screaming and crying. I put my hand on my firearm and stay parallel with where I was while moving forward and looking around as much as possible. Didn't draw because police are now everywhere, and I never did see the guy. So didn't want LEOs getting wrong idea of who I was. All in all pretty chaotic scene. 17 year old was shot with minor injuries. Suspect still on the run.
"If you become a sheep, the wolves will eat you"

Hillary for Prison '16
Ohio National Guard
NRA Member
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: WEBN fireworks

Post by Javelin Man »

Sounds like the right thing to do. Draw, and you'll get shot with no questions asked. If a threat is coming and you aren't prepared, you become a victim. Unfortunately, if you have to shoot said threat and police are all around, you're just as dead.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Description of the alleged assailant had him pegged at 16-18 years old, just like the person shot. Time will tell but I have the feeling this was a gang/drug dealer/"Yo, you looked at my b***h wrong!" related incident.

Realize that with 500,000 or so in attendance, you probably are standing closer to some sort of criminal scumbag than you would really ever want to.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Ats3196

Post by Ats3196 »

Yep. And of course, it was the the first time in 5 years that firearms were allowed. And next year they'll be banned again. And I certainly won't be attending.
"If you become a sheep, the wolves will eat you"

Hillary for Prison '16
Ohio National Guard
NRA Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Signage not withstanding, guns haven't really been banned there. Not in the streets, park, and other public property anyhow. Forum member BB62 and some other local OC advocates have given notice and then open carried at the festival for maybe the last three years.
It got attention from authorities (as well as some from the media) but no detainments, arrests, etc.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Good response. Glad you weren't injured.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Ats3196 wrote:... And of course, it was the the first time in 5 years that firearms were allowed. And next year they'll be banned again. And I certainly won't be attending.
You are wrong about that. Firearms haven't been "banned" since 2014, when the "ban" was challenged - and they won't be "banned" next year.

https://www.facebook.com/events/605792739533573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor