LEO observation

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: LEO observation

Post by Mr. Glock »

ApexShootingTactics wrote:3FULLMAGS+1, I don't ask beyond their basic explanation. I assume it is along the lines of what you mentioned, them being uncomfortable about LE on the way.
Although still up in the air, the recent MN CHL shooting by LEO appeared related to anxiety on the part of the civilian.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Werz wrote:I keep three alternate EDCs in a dresser drawer. It's just part of what I'm going to wear each day.
Even before HB12, I kept a loaded Browning Hi-Power mounted under my desk at the office and had several loaded firearms stashed in strategic places at home.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Mr. Glock wrote:
ApexShootingTactics wrote:3FULLMAGS+1, I don't ask beyond their basic explanation. I assume it is along the lines of what you mentioned, them being uncomfortable about LE on the way.
Although still up in the air, the recent MN CHL shooting by LEO appeared related to anxiety on the part of the civilian.
Thought that I saw a report that he didn't actually have a CHL, his girlfriend just said he did. I may be wrong on that though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

schmieg wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:
Thought that I saw a report that he didn't actually have a CHL, his girlfriend just said he did. I may be wrong on that though.
There was some initial confusion about that, made worse by a tweet from officials in his county saying they never issued one to him (in MN, you can't go to neighboring counties to get a license). Since then, information has been released that pretty compellingly shows he had one from his previous county of residence - short of an official statement from the county (which MN prohibits as licenses are not public records) I don't think you could confirm it any better than what has been presented.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!