Good guy with a gun

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Face

Good guy with a gun

Post by Face »

Actually a good "gal" with a gun story

In Coshocton County, women hold 2 for Sheriff \.

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/story/n ... 52c2e57a8b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Good guy with a gun

Post by TSiWRX »

To counterbalance this story...we've got the following, which I received through Stephen P. Wenger's DUF Digest yesterday, 3/11/2016:

http://www.abqjournal.com/734610/news/v ... d-gun.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Before he was shot and killed near a Southeast Albuquerque ATM last month, 24-year-old Tyler Lackey, a recently discharged Army veteran, pulled a gun on the man who was attempting to rob him, according to documents released Thursday.

Lackey apparently was trying to hold the would-be robber there until police could be called.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That story from NM is sad. The bad guy had been chased away, maybe that should have sufficed. Swat away the hornet if you can, following it back to the nest, maybe not. But, it's a mistake any of us could make, under the wrong circumstances.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:That story from NM is sad. The bad guy had been chased away, maybe that should have sufficed. Swat away the hornet if you can, following it back to the nest, maybe not. But, it's a mistake any of us could make, under the wrong circumstances.
^ That was Wenger's commentary as well, and it's one that I agree with.

My commentary here should not be read in any manner that would disparage that brave Coshocton woman and what she did.

Rather, it's just to counterbalance the tales and to bring up the flip side of that "what if."

A firm "Get the eff away from me!" backed up with a lethal weapon, I think, reads very differently from a "Hold it, Don't move!" order given under the same circumstance. I think the former should lead anyone with any bit of self-preservation instinct to do look for another victim - while the latter can well read as a challenge or may induce the threat to panic (in fear of arrest).

Sun Tzu cautions against creating desperation in one's enemy.......
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Were I to detain and hold someone at gunpoint, my intent would be to prone them out.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.